Mk5 GTI Oil Filler neck

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by Rooster, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

I picked up a Mk5 Golf GTI at the weekend and am just working through the issues I’ve found so far.

From a bit of web browsing I assume the oil filler neck extension is missing as a previous owner fitted an induction cone and removed it to get a tidier look. What I couldn’t work out from reading is can this be replaced without having to buy a new cam cover? I couldn’t find anything obvious but would welcome any tips anyone can provide.

Another issue (not engine related but same car). The interior lights work on the switch and the central locking works on the remote fob but the alarm led on the door doesn’t flash when the car is locked and when you unlock only the footwell lights come on.

A bit of reading online and I’m not seeing what I expected which was the lock module micro switches in the door have failed. Instead lots of comments about the selector switch by the rear view mirror being faulty. Before I start digging around can anyone narrow down my options as where to start?

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

The looms break at the hinge area and cause weird things to happen.

3. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

Yes that’s a good shout, I’ll check that out.