Got the g/box off the old 1.8 KR and found issues !!

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by watercooled, May 29, 2021.

1. watercooled Forum Member

Still waiting on parts for the Corrado but have been still doing some random work to chisel the list down so dug the Porsche out from the undercover on the side of my 2 car shed,was amazed @ the dust a crap under my car cover,bloody spiderwebs everywhere.
    Have recently converted front indicators to euro spec function with NOS matching Hella euro lenses ,bit of dicking around with the wiring as you need to delete the 5 watt side of the dual filament top lamp and rewire to provide park light @ the bottom of the lense ,turned out good with a conversion set of lamp holder/reflector I imported from a guy in the US,job done.
    Headlights...what a hassle as I purchased LED lamps when I first got the car which had already been modified with H4's as a US spec car this conversion was done to compliance the car in my country,well the regulation Nazi's have deemed them non-legal since then,a real bugger as huge improvement but the beam is scattered and too bright so for once I think its a good call on their part,but they are still bas#ards with some of there crazy regulations.
    Got my 996 alloy spare mounted up front and have a 944 airpump to inflate,these are much lighter than the full size spare and because I like to shed weight where ever I can.
    Got my steering wheel done with GT spec "hockey puck" horn button ,really like it.
    Hope to get the car in my shed after finishing these jobs as somewhat limited space when in there.
    More to follow,cheers.

Attached Files:

2. watercooled Forum Member

3. watercooled Forum Member

Well breaking news but not really ,got in contact with a guy today and bought a set of Mk2 rear springs after searching in my country for several months,so I can hopefully move off Porsche work that is really a hobby and the Corrado is my interest to get legally back on the road,could be a bit touchy as it has been on rego hold for a very long time.
    Cheers.

4. watercooled Forum Member

Got new rear springs fitted and found the old ones were progressive ?? ...never seen that with stock damper parts as thought these type of springs were normally for coilovers,nevermind they were shit anyway.
    Finished vacuuming out old fluid from the rear calipers and has come up clean now which is good,message to past owner resulting with black fluid from using resivour top cap seal out of plain rubber !!!!.,
    Hoping to check front brakes soon but car is outside and it hasn't stopped raining for over a month now :(.
    Getting closer to inspection but keep finding shit not right but only minor really.
    Update...checked front disks and pads,disks measured @ just slightly over 18.5mm,pads even both sides @ 14mm so again not a lot of wear which is great as pads are mental prices in my country.
    Not a 100% on pedal feel but will test drive soon ,may need to suck out more of the old fluid because not sure if I have all the old crap out ??.
    Next will be to get the wheel alignment done so I can get the steering wheel centered as the indicators aren't canceling with is an inspection fail.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022