16V 9A 1az autocross. help me need relevant up info

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Andy Mestengo, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Andy Mestengo New Member

Good afternoon.Tell us who collected what hybrids for autocross. Or just good-driving motors for the city. The idea is to assemble a motor that is good from the bottom.Crankshaft 1az 95.5, ,block 1az, pistons kr.Or other spare parts are not the ones I wrote

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Hi Andy and welcome.

Are you asking if anyone here has built a similar 16v engine using the diesel bottom end?

3. Andy Mestengo New Member

yes.with kr pistons.I read that people from the forum built on a 95.5mm crankshaft but with other pistons. everyone tried to achieve power at high speeds .The cars of these people were built for racing on asphalt.I'm interested in the power at the bottom.When exiting a dirt turn.
    I don't speak English. I use a translator.I'm sorry that I'm not completely clear.

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

No problem at all my friend, just making sure we had the same thing in mind.

It has been done, but not for s long time I think.
    Most people just use ABF or 1.8 turbo now.

5. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

As Tristan Says lots of people go ABF or the Turbo route, but not all.

its used to be quite common to put a Diesel crank in a 2.0 petrol block, in this country we tended to use the 1Y crank in either 2E AGG ADY (all 8V) or the ABF (16v) there are others combinations.

personally I have a AGG block, 1Y crank with AGG pistons with the top of the piston machined down.

for racing though you might be better to stick to a 2.0 engine and concentrate on making it rev further and more reliably.

6. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

7. Andy Mestengo New Member

The option of an atmospheric motor only is being considered. For the assembly of a high-speed motor, everything is there.Ready-made cylinder head on rigid pushers , 100 kg springs, valves .And very evil camshafts .phase 310 lifting 12. the method of manufacturing welding re-grinding.We need a traction motor from the bottom. Even during the assembly process, the engine was assembled on the 92.8 crankshaft and 83.5 mm pistons from Mazda 1.8 (only the pocket was deepened)

8. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

I am interested in the 83.5mm pistons, which model Mazda?
    Jon

9. Andy Mestengo New Member

10. Andy Mestengo New Member

Mazda BP-III, 83/1,5/1,5/3,0 [42208050]