Would an engine from an Audi A3 2.0 in mrk golf conversion

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Cameron parsons, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Cameron parsons New Member

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me I’ve got a mrk 5 golf 1.4 petrol I want to put in a 2L Audi A3 engine would they have the same engine mounts or would the Audi engine fit right in Wanna do a conversion.

Thanks

2. Adamss24 Forum Member

Everything will fit if you’re determined to make it work ! Engine mounts and driveshafts will be your main concern as you might need to swap the donor gearbox as well !
    I have 2x mk2 fitted with Diesel engines and one with a mk3 petrol engine, all needed minor fabrication skills but the electrics took a bit of a faff to get right !

3. AllanWorms New Member

the 8P A3 and MK5 Golf are basically the same car - the mounts etc are all the same.

My Touran is basically a MK5 Golf, and I fitted a 3.2 VR6 from an A3 3.2 with Golf R32 ECU etc.

You won't be able to use the Audi ECU, without some serious "tuning" work. You can get a VW ECU though, as the loom will be the same if you match the engine codes.

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Is it worth doing when you can buy a 2.0 Golf relatively cheap?