MK4 1.9 tdi engine clearances ARL

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by VR6T, Nov 8, 2022.

1. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Ladies and Gents,

Does anybody have a listing of the standard engine clearances for crank, rods and pistons.
    Away to refresh a lump for the daily run about.

Thanks in advance..

2. Adamss24 Forum Member

I wouldn’t bother to be honest, engines are really stout and 2 a penny that it doesn’t makes financial sense to rebuild anymore! Just get a lump, check the camshaft and lifters for wear, check the injector bores for wear and away you go ! They can take so much punishment it’s unbelievable! 300-350 bhp is within reach with just a modern turbo and injectors change… I have a pd lump in a mk2 golf, driven it like I stole it, it refuses to let go ! Eats toyo proxes slicks for fun !

3. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

It did cross my mind to get one but i have a couple of high milage lumps lying about and fancied the challenge a sorting one..

4. Adamss24 Forum Member

As i said get a SDI camshaft/272 degrees and INA dlc coated lifter kit with new glico cam bearings, new injector nozzles firad +120/ wuzetem or gibonta and a sachs sre clutch and away you go. Add a modern turbo like a gtd1752vrk, gtb2060vklr, gtd2060vz or even the good old gtb2260vk and you will easily see 300bhp with the larger turbos...