Mk2 Central Locking Alternatives?.

Discussion in 'Security' started by KeithMac, Mar 7, 2023.

1. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Hello all, a fair bit down my to-do list but the central locking no longer works on my MK2 16v.

The air pump is long gone (took it out 15 years ago) and now can't find it..

I have an alarm fitted so was thinking of converting to an all electric central locking system.

Has anyone else done this and of so what kit did you use?.

Is there any merit in trying to keep it pneumatic?. I'm not building a show car just a nice weekend run about.

Cheers, Keith.

2. daNpy Forum Member

In my racer I've got a cheap set that works electrically. I think I paid about 10 euro for it.
    There are 2 remotes and I think one of the actuators has a sensor (driver side) so you can push it down and it closes the passenger side, too. But in my car I don't have the pins anymore, so I don't use that option anyway.

KeithMac likes this.
  3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

all the aftermarket kits much the same, I went with an rclick as it had option of mk4 style fobs which were the best looking I could find at the time. ideally get one with 2 5 wire actuators as then you can trigger locking from both front doors rather than just driver side

KeithMac and daNpy like this.