Custom Dash Buttons / Toggle Switches

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by corradlo, Feb 19, 2024.

1. corradlo New Member

Hi All , looking for some assistance from all the track/race prep pros here.

My current build ( corrado 16v on itb ) will not be running a dash , I'm building a custom one for the LD performance display and buttons.

Immediately hit a snag with the headlights! any idea how to swap out the stock 11 pin switch for a toggles?

Basically , I though I could just find to correct pins to bridge and add a toggle , however I cant figure which ones do what, has anybody converted over to buttons or a button box?

Thanks in advance

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you would use a toggle between the black/yellow ignition live from ignition switch to the white/black power output to the flasher switch :)

this wouldn't power the front and rear lights though, you could have a separate toggle for those (grey/black and grey/red) or just tap them into the white/black pin on your main headlight toggle depending on how you want it all setup

grey/green is power for number plate/interior lighting lights fuse, can tap that to the above or give it power from another switch.

grey is power input to the switch from number plate fuse which then goes thru the rheostat and back out on the grey/blue for dash illumination. you could just splice the grey and grey/blue together, giving the grey/green power will take care of this as well then

HL switch pinout:
    30 - R/5 (red) - live feed (sidelight/dash lighting input)
    31 - R/8 (brn) - earth
    56 - R/9 (wht/blk) - headlights on feed to flasher switch & pin 2 of fog light relay socket
    56D - J/3 (yel) - this wire goes from switch to the dim dip resistor, then back to the fusebox pin J/3. Also feeds pin 6 of the fog light relay socket (bin this, with great vengance)
    58L - R/2 (gry/blk) - left rear light & front side/parking light
    58R - R/6 (gry/red) - right rear light & front side/parking light
    58 - R/7 (gry/grn) - power out to number plate lights & dash illumination fuse, plus pin 1 of fog light relay socket
    58e - R/3 (gry) - power feed for dash illumination dimmer wheel from number plate/dash illumination fuse
    58b - R/4 (gry/blu) - dash illumination feed
    NSL - gry/wht - goes into the front of the fog relay socket on models without front fog lights
    X - R/10 (blk/yel) - x-over live feed (headlight input)

davidut5 likes this.
  3. corradlo New Member

Wow, what a reply! Always amazed at the info on this forum and its OG's like yourself.