’Howdy to my new (to me!) Turbo beast

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by o....., Feb 1, 2006.

1. o..... Forum Member

Hey all,

Just sold my MX5 BBR Turboand was planning on banking the money as i'm getting a company car. Unfortunatly I came across this Bavarian beaut...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/oalloyd/S4FS.jpg

Its a late 1994 Audi S4 quattro. She's had two owners from new, FSH, is immaculate throughout and has only done 63k miles! Air-con, electric roof, CD player, 6-speed box, Cat 1 alarm etc are all fitted as standard as well as a 5 cylinder 2.2 intercooled turbo-charged lump producing 230bhp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/oalloyd/S4rear1.jpg

The figures say it'll do 152 and 0-60 in 6.5 seconds - I can believe it. In fact, it feels much faster than even my BBR did. The Torsen quattro 4x4 system has a switchable rear diff-lock (That i'll doubtless never need but it does sound cool, doesn't it?!) and a torque split in favour of the rear wheels so handling and traction are phenominal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/oalloyd/S4engine.jpg

I've driven her about 60 miles this evening and she's returned around 30mpg. This'll doubtless drop if I thrash her, but thats not really my driving style.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/oalloyd/S4inside.jpg

I love how understated and classy the car looks, inside and out. The seats are great and really supportive (I'm glad they are the Audi speed cloth rather than leather; don't like that stuff on seats) and the dark cream dials contrast brilliantly with the carbon dash inlays. There are no dents or scrapes anywhere and the interior is like new - not surprising considering the number of owners and miles covered.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/oalloyd/S4seats.jpg

I'm chuffed to bits with my new toy. Its the best car i've ever owned!

Any comments welcome!

o :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/oalloyd/s4rear2.jpg

2. Dub Dave Forum Member

Nice mate.

3. N1CK Forum Junkie

I had an s6 with that engine, really is good and will last for ever, the gearbox is a slight weakness but otherthan that :thumbup:

4. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Nice, very understated!

5. AndrewD Forum Member

Very nice!

Always secretly lusted after one of these after the place I bought my 2nd GTI in had one on the forecourt (Nogaro Blue though, and nowhere near as understated).

Take the 'S' badges off and it may just be the ultimate stealth machine. :)

6. o..... Forum Member

Stealth is the big appeal with this.

Nobody knows your packing so much heat when your by the traffic lights (Not that I partake in suich childish behaviour ;)). The grip is stunning (I know i've said that already, but it is!!)

I'm tempted to put on some TDi or 2.0E badges and take off the S4 one's...

I LOVE this car!

7. Firas New Member

Am i the only who thinks this is an A6 series car?

8. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

Looks a lovely car [:D]

I've taken the rear S4 badge off mine for that stealth look ;)

9. MrBen Forum Junkie

I was thinking that. Surely that makes it an S6?

10. beetie

beetie Forum Member

it is the a6 shape :thumbup: but audi decided to call it the s4 [:s]

it has the same engine as the s2's so tuning is the same. get it to rs2 spec [:D]

11. Firas New Member

Well thank-God for that, I thought I was going mad!

Martin, the car in your sig reminds me of a valver 91 J that went on
    Autotrader for 1950 last week, I had my eye on it for a bit - really regret
    not buying it now. Your car is very very clean car mate.

:clap:

F

12. beetie

beetie Forum Member

thanks mate. 2l 16v aswell [:D]
    although someone went into the back of it in november [:x] [:^(] (but it only needs a new bumper) the bodyshop are also going to do the little bits of rust through his insurance, so then it will be mintier than mint [:D] :p .
    oh and the diff exploded through the gearbox a month ago(customised hotgolf box on it's way :thumbup: )

[thread hijack over]

13. o..... Forum Member

Yup, nice Mk2 but I prefer the S4! :lol::lol:

That is rubbish really though - i'm looking at another Mk2 at the moment to have as a second car ;)

14. Higgim Forum Member

Yes. I think Audi badged this the S4 while they were still using the 100 name. Then when they renamed to A6 the S4 was dropped (are you still with me!!)

Interestingly. German spec S4s came with the 2.2 turbo and later were available with the 4.2 V8 which I don't think we got here. www.mobile.de will show you some if you're interested.

Either way, they are great motorway munchers, plenty of thump. Nothelle do some nice (expensive) mods for that engine.

15. o..... Forum Member

Hey all,

Yep, the Original Audi S4 was launched in 1992.

When the face-lift of the 100 range was introduced it saw a name change to A6. The S4 then became the S6 with no notable mechanical changes (though it dod get different wheels)

There was an S6 Plus 4.2 V8 introduced in 1995 for some LHD markets. An S6 4.2 Avant (In Nagaro Blue) was used as the doctors car in the BTCC for a couple of seasons and looked the mutt's. They are VERY cheap now in Germany, an absolute steal (speaking of which, this HAS to be the ultimate getaway car!). It is, however, no faster than the 2.2 Turbo S4/S6; its heavier and has less than 300bhp.

I love the whoosh of the turbo in my car and that fact that when you are not driving it hard it still gets over 30mpg (try that in a 4.2 version!)