’KS2’ carburettor?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Trev16v, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

We've got a South African built 1989 Golf MK2 GTS. It's an 1800 engine with a factory carburettor that I haven't seen before. It's not a Pierburg. It's got a manual choke, and the carburettor itself has the VW/Audi symbols on it, along with the letters 'KS2'. Does anyone know anything at all about this carb?

In hope of getting some better performance from the car, I want to fit a Weber that I've got onto it. My Weber is already jetted for 1800 (it came off my old Driver). I took the strange carb off and it revealed a gasket with four bolt holes underneath. My Weber needs to fit onto the type of gasket with three bolt holes. Can I simply order the 3-hole gasket and wang that on instead? Or are the inlet manifolds somehow different? The part number on the gasket is 027 129 761.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this one.

2. Oplaii Forum Member

Yeh it should bolt on, my south african 1.8 carb uses a four bolt gasket but when I got the car it had a 3 bolt gasket on the manifold! and only one bolt holding the carb onto that, huge gaps everywhere :clap: , hence the reason I changed it for a four bolt one.

heres a pic of the three bolt one I removed, which I'm guessing is the one you want to fit.
    [​IMG]

Oplaii

3. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Aha, thanks mate. I wonder why on earth the carb was only mounted using one bolt in yours? Maybe someone needed to replace the gasket and got the wrong one - and just put it in anyway?

4. Oplaii Forum Member

Yep, you got it one like most things they did on the car!

Oplaii