1.8T 20V Engine codes FAQ

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Michael Ghia, Oct 31, 2004.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

correct

2. mk1turbo16v New Member

OK.

3. mk1turbo16v New Member

I posted this to clear up the incorrect information listed in the guide, can I amend the incorrect information, or just post on here and someone will correct the listing ?.
    Steve.

4. xike New Member

Michael, AGU engine on audi A3 has an internal water pump. At least on my A3. Just completed a timing belt, tensioners and water pump replacement recently. So I am sure of it.
    My car is December 1998 Audi A3, AGU engine, 150HP, K03 turbo, 4 Bar fpr. This is all I am sure about on my car's engine. Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. Mark_One New Member

I've made loads of use of the table in this thread over the years, thanks for the help. Also seems to be a really high hit on the google '1.8T engine Codes'.

A little contribution. APU is very similar to AEB. It's a Longitudinal, external water pump (feature of the 058 block) - sure of that.
    QPeng website will tell you it's small port, DBW, 150Ps, 9.5:1 (don't know if this source is good enough for the table!)

The AJH is definitely large port. These have the expensive large port inlet manifolds with the pickup on the gearbox side and the S-shaped inlet runners.

finally, the comment: "There are no big port 06As that we are aware of". Both AGU and AJH are large port 06A - the 058s are just the early Audi longitudinals.
    Cheers,
    Mark

6. Michael Ghia Forum Member

Good to see that the spreadsheet is still being useful :)

MG

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

^^ it is indeed! Needs a few additions but all good and thanks for taking time to collate and publish.

8. J66KE B Forum Member

APX and APY engines have a small port head - Just like BAM and AMK.

Thanks for making the thread - Very useful!