1.8t conversion - ecu speed

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by ste03, May 26, 2016.

1. ste03 New Member

Hi All,

Just in the middle of converting a scirocco gt2 to 1.8t.

Finally got it up and running however I am struggling on how to wire up the ecu so that it can determine the cars speed using the original clocks.

As it stands the current ecu (me7.5) map has anti lag so when driving and reaching the required revs the car begins to anti lag due to it not knowing that the car is moving.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for the help in advance.

Steve.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

hello there! first of all you need MFA clocks for this signal as the non-MFA clusters dont have the required speed sensor on the back, though most of them have the contacts for it on the PCB so you could add one to your clocks if you wanted to keep it 'original'

then you need to find the speed signal wire from the clock plug, its a yellow/white wire if its there and will run over to the radio plug so I would start there and chase it back (to make sure its not been cut)

if its missing you'll need a spare scirocco or ce1 mk2 golf clock plug to strip for a spare pin. It needs to go to T7c/2 which is the black plug, short side, pin 2 :thumbup:

3. ste03 New Member

Thanks very much mate I'll give it a go..