1.8t wiring

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Kevcaddy, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Kevcaddy New Member

So I’ve put the yellow/blk and red /purple wire to perm live and the faults codes have gone, but still misfiring under load, going to try spark plugs, if still same I’m going to send the ecu away as must have a issue if those wires Need ign live

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

does the feed you used before go dead while cranking?

3. Kevcaddy New Member

Ok so you was 100% right, the wire I had my ign lives was dying out, so found the ign live on the back of the fuse box and ran a mini 4 fuse box off it and put my my feeds to it and all fault codes goneStarts perfect but wen I take it up the road it just comes on boost and pops and bangs like it’s misfiring, so ecu is going to be checked

4. Kevcaddy New Member

I think I might have either a dv problem or pcv problem, ive done some research and faults are similiar

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

is the ecu map correct for the engine? if its been done for a different set of injectors, bigger maf etc then it may not match. also worth checking out the coilpacks they can break down under load if not healthy. on that note check the coilpack wiring over carefully, they are prone to cracking on the insulation. if you see any insulation tape strip it right back as far as you can there will be more hidden further up usually. VW made a repair kit for this problem as its so common