10k boost

Discussion in 'Engines' started by FABVR6, Mar 2, 2004.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

It would take a lot of water to hydrolock the engine, I'm sure it won't happen as long as you trickle it in and don't pour it ;)

2. gti_kev Forum Member

"hydrolock" - that's the word i was looking for cheers mate!

Yeah it would take alot :)

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I only klnow it because someone asked about it in a similar thread :lol:

4. gti_kev Forum Member

:lol: Learn something new everyday!

5. roccodan Forum Member

i did the water thing today got the car hot and put 1 pint through vac hose then took out a spark plug hoping to see a nice clean piston crown but it was still the same as before [:x] so i boiled some water then put another pint of boiling water through took the plugs out and no difference [:x] apart from the MFA vac feed how has water in it even i used the wax stat feed [:s] and now the MFA reads 99.9 :) mpg maybe thats a bit out :lol: i will have th strip the dash out to blow the water out of the tube :(

6. flusted Forum Member

Do i use evian to live long? :lol:

7. plee1974 Forum Member

sorry for being such a noob i have a 94 mk3 golf 2.0 gti where do i find vaccum hoses or whatever you call it to insert the water if any1 could post a picture with some pointers then thaat would befantastic

8. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Not familiar with the carbed cars, but you either used the wrong hose or just did it totally wrong. Don't boil the water - it's the COLD water flashing into steam in the chamber that cleans out the coke - boiling water won't do much.

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Aye - think about 1800cc at 3krpm - you'd need a bucket and funnel to hydrolock it.

10. Bedford Rascal Forum Member

Yup, I'd be all ears for any pointers as to the ideal hose to use on a '90 Mk2 16v also. [:$]
    Edited by: Bedford Rascal

11. roccodan Forum Member

my scirocco scarla is a 2l 8v running kjet, the pipe i used is the one that gos to the wax stat on the metering head it comes out of the one way valve beside the one for the MFA feed at the front of the pleum unit, also as i posted, i used cold water first,
    then used hot water as cold did nothing at all
    wont boiling water flash to steam easyer ?

12. sinisterdexter Forum Member

Page 2 of this thread... ;)

Dex :)

13. vwagain Forum Member

I just did it and some right crap came out!!!!! I used the green(on my car)pipe that goes to the right hand side of the throttle body. As has already been said, it will bog down so get the revs up then lift the bottle up to the pipe. I did mine at around 3 to 4k rpm.

Stu

14. Bedford Rascal Forum Member

Cheers Dex. Now I just wish I understood what all that meant. ;):lol:

I just can't wait to hold the engine at 4k with dirty smoke billowing out of the back. The neighbours will just love* it.

*This is probably untrue.

15. vwagain Forum Member

WOW!!!!!! This realy does work!!!!! Its given me much more mid range power[:D] The pickup from 2000 rpm is so much better its like i fitted a turbo!!:lol: A couple of times i actualy thought i was in 4th gear instead of 5th. Very impresive. Thank you TSC:clap:

Stu

16. AL-Z Forum Member

Think I'll try this next week, MoT due in February and this should drop emissions too...[:D]

17. plee1974 Forum Member

i did it thanks to you fab peeps who gave me extra pointers (you know who you are) well lots of white smoke bellowing out me pooepipe i am assuming that this is the norm haven`t really "driven" it yet will update on any performance differences

18. iow_golfgti Forum Member

hi all

can you please help i have been reading this post about putting water in the engine to clean out carbon deposits and I was wondering if you could help me:

1) can you please tell me if i can put the water through without changing the oil.

2) then can you please tell me if i can use the pipe that comes from the right side of the head its a clear small pipe it then comes down and goes into the air box its the pipe that opens up to let air in the engine i believe? sorry im awful with cars thats why asking for your advice! thanks Andy

19. iow_golfgti Forum Member

any help lads?

20. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Before changing the oil is ideal, but not essential. Not sure what pipe you are talking about, but on your 8v just use the one that does (or in your case with a CAI), USED to go to the airbox to operate the air temp flapometer thingymagubbins...... it's nice and long so easy to get into the water.