10k boost

Discussion in 'Engines' started by FABVR6, Mar 2, 2004.

1. iow_golfgti Forum Member

yeah thats the one i meant sorry for not explaining very well but doesnt that push gases out not suck in? or does it reverse as soon as its in the water?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

its a 'vacuum' pipe ;)

3. iow_golfgti Forum Member

have i got the right one johny the one that goes into the side of the airbox in the soft rubber nodule to open the door under throttle to let more air in engine?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Thats the one I used :thumbup:

5. YAZZ Forum Member

lads,

did you try the ATF too, i'll be doing the water thing with my mk2 gti 8v digi 92 at operating temperature (with oil temp around 90 centrigrade?)

this vacuum pipe that used to go into the airbox, is it the one that would be blocked off now cos i have a pipercross induction kit?

i'll chuck in some ATF(how much?) whilst the water is being sucked in.

just need some dutch courage that's all

6. vwagain Forum Member

I wouldnt do the ATF trick at the same time as the Water trick cos you have to rev the balls out of the engine to get it to run with the water running through it!!!!

Stu

7. YAZZ Forum Member

thanks stu. i can do the atf thing straight after the water and leave the car running for a few minutes?

8. vwagain Forum Member

Yep. That would be the best way to do it mate:)

Stu

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Drive it for a while would be your best bet - the ATF needs a drive to work, and it'll boil off any water that makes it's way into the oil......

10. YAZZ Forum Member

once again, thanks lads. great advice and info. much appreciated for the responses to my thick questions.

11. aj_gti Forum Member

Hi Guys,

I was just replacing the air filter and have a tin of this 10k boost laying about so thought id spray it through the engine.

On the MKII 16v 1990 where do you spray it in ? I loosened the Jubilee clip on the air box but the engine cut out, so then went for the Jubilie clip further up the air pipe and that also caused it to stall. So a little confused !

Also this ATF thing, Im sure ive read on hear somewhere before (think it was TSC that posted it) that you add a pint to your oil a few days before an oil change ?

Can some clarify that and exactly what is ATF !!!! Sorry for the utter n00bness but im not that good with cars !

Cheers

12. plee1974 Forum Member

automatic transmission fluid[:D]

13. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Can this be done on any engine no matter what the mileage? Mine takes an absolute age to get up to temp. Its not the pump or the thermostat as they are both fine,

How long des it take to drain a Pint of water through the vacum hose?

14. aj_gti Forum Member

[​IMG]

Can anyone point out to me where I spray the 10k boost into ...

Cheers

15. Joe_G Forum Member

Yeah, you can't undo any of the induction system due to the way the K-Jet fuelling works, the minute you undo any of those pipes the fuel will be cut.

There's no easy place you can spray that therefore unless you make up a vacuum pipe into the throttle body.

Joe

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ill try this in a couple days time. im pretty sure my spark plugs are all sooty from a recent spout of running rough. ill check the plugs before and after the water goes in to see if it actually cleans lol

mk3 abf by the way. should be easy. millions of vacuum pipes*

*to go wrong

17. dubstar Forum Member

did this to my ABF the other day! feels more perkier!!

also did it to NEV93`s car aswell even though he did look at me strange when i pointed him in the direction of this thread :lol: though he is happy now thats his 4k flat spot has gone

18. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

:S oh bugger.

ive just been out. i took with me a flask of water, about 650ml. i took the car on a run, got the temps up, about 90* on the oil.

i stopped in an industrial estate, opened the lid and pulled off the vac hose that goes from airbox to the throttle.

i revved the engine and dipped the vac into the water, in and out as the water made the idle drop.

eventually it felt like the throttle was losing response. i revved it hard to clear its throat. when the revs dropped to idle it almost stalled.

my car usually runs without the ISV connected. i reconnected this to keep the idle up but lost my nerve, got back into the car and drove to try and clear its throat.

the idle now, although smooth (it has cost me s) to get it smooth, will now randomly flick to 1000rpm from 800rpm. this is noticable when driving at low throttle inputs.

my idle is now screwed again. i am very low on fuel and had no wallet with me.

is it expected for the idle to go odd when low on fuel? (half way into the red zone).

im hoping that some water from the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator or something but im now worried lol

19. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ran better this morning lol im hoping that a good sleep and a chance to evapourate the excess water has fixed it :p

20. plee1974 Forum Member

i need to say i`ve done both these tricks the atf and the water flush a while ago now the i do the water one every few months and i drove my car for over 300 miles with the atf in it and have no problems with it cleaner emmisions,slightly better fuel economy,no lag all in all nothing but positive results .....oh one negative it all costs u a couple of quid for the atf :p TSC is a man whos in the know and is truly a VW God and i personally adopt the saying "in god we trust" :clap:

[8D]