17705 rough idle

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by JackGTI, Mar 7, 2023.

1. JackGTI New Member

Hello, i have a 1.8t AUM and it seems to have a funny issue im struggling to find.
    It starts off as this
    If i start the car up cold and go for a drive after about 3-4 minutes when i stop at the lights it stalls or my idle sits hunting away down to 600rpm up to 760 thereabouts.
    I scanned the car and got 17705 pressure drop and 17704 cooling mapping fault?
    Clear the codes car runs sweet.
    If i warm the car up for 10-15 minutes from cold so its up to temp before i start driving its fine doesn’t fault drives mint.
    Although i have started to notice that 2nd gear (most commonly) at 1800 revs let say when pulling away from stand still i hear the dv going off under acceleration?

I have checked vaccum/pipe work
    I have checked dv seems ok
    Boost pipe work seems ok one loose pipe but still faults since corrected
    On idle the boost runs at 1bar looking through diagnostics machine, what should this be at idle, im yet to fit a boost gauge

I have been told after checking everything i have done so far, that it could be a dodgy map, as far as im aware it hasn’t been mapped but thats not to say it has

It has an induction kit and front mount intercooler
    The car is due to be mapped but i dont want to map it yet and it still be faulty unless i can certainly say its the map

Thanks, sorry for the long read im just stumped

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

https://18t-tuning.co.uk/17705-pressure-drop-between-turbo-and-throttle-valve/ have you read this?

1bar at idle, sounds ok, usually atmospheric pressure

Get a smoke test done to rule out leaks, I know of a mate who had his Leon cupra mapped and it had leaky pipe work under the inlet manifold.

If you have VCDS under advanced ID there is a flash counter, if mapped this will show how many times the ECU has been flashed.

3. JackGTI New Member

Thanks mate ill have a look at this. Ive smoke tested already and cant seem to find a leak but i plan on going again and spending abit more time under there although im quite positive its good.

edit, just read that mate cheers. Ive had the car a month now and now the cold has come back this actually makes abit of sense or so it seems, but it’s probably just a coincidence.
    To be 100000% happy im yet to go over the car again but like i said i was happy with what i had. Its strange because it did once about 2 weeks ago then i did 500 since absolutely no problems then one morning it started playing up again

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023