1987 Mk2 Golf Monza blue 16v

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Lukeybabes, Feb 4, 2014.

1. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

That is shocking that wiring!

2. SimonG Forum Member

Pin 56, white & black wire? Should go to A9 and also, another wire to the flasher. That's two wires from the one pin on the light switch connector. What is Pin 56d, I can't see that on my wiring diagram? My diagrams only show the 8 pin connector I can see 56a and 56b, b goes from the dim/dip flasher to A21. It's been a while since I wired up a Digifiz.

Is that botched wiring on the Digifiz loom or the cars existing wiring?

3. Lukeybabes Forum Member

The headlight switch plug I posted a picture of is the digifiz loom with 8 pins. Ive learned what it is now on my car. I's for the dip dim headlights (uk spec) so doesn't go into the fuse box. It's a separate connector. Yellow wire on 56d

I've just fixed the 8 pin connector and bought an 8 pin switch instead. Because I have an uprated headlight loom anyway so cant use the dip dim.

4. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Tidied up the digifiz loom a bit. Still need to fix the stereo wiring and add the later stalk plugs (I have later stalks fitted because of my adjustable steering column)
    This loom has the heated seat bit incorporated too So I'm going to take the one I have just added to my car out and use this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The headlight switch plug was chopped about so I fixed that. Was just twisted together and taped.

[​IMG]

Added a speed signal tap for the cruise control

[​IMG]

I made the engine bay loom for the gearbox speed sensor and tacho signal. The tach signal is different from the standard signal on mk2s. Looking at the picture of the tach signal wire I might have to move my stereo amp power wire. Will see if I get any interference.
    Zip tied up out the way for the moment until I get it all installed. Just prepping the car so I can unplug one loom and put the new one in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought a new 8 pin headlight switch to match the new loom. And bought some new bulbs for the digifiz cluster as some are blown. Got some sweets with it [:D]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also took the temp sensors out of the old mk3 seat heating pads and extended the wires to be fitted to my aftermarket pads.

[​IMG]

5. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Decided to take 20 mins to test out my Corrado electric window wiring loom for the one touch and full closure with the alarm. I got some seat toledo switches (1L0 959 855) to keep it looking standard. These can be used with the one touch but the original mk2 switches cant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I need to lube up my electric window mechanisms too. They are a bit slow on the way up. Especially the passenger side. Passenger side wont even get to the top without some pushing on the window when the engine isn't running.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  6. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Some nice touches going in this car!

7. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks man

8. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Modified my heated seats so now they work with the temp control. I assumed wrongly before on how they worked.
    The potentiometer in the switch adjusts what temperature the seats cut off. The temp sensor is needed to tell the relay what the temperature is to work with the power cut off. So with the resistor I had in place of the sensor was making the pad get constant power. Which happens anyway, just the relay turns on and off keeping a lower temperature if you set it lower. Not giving it less power as I first thought.

So out with the seats again to fit the sensors

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And got rid of this

[​IMG]

And fitted the sensor wires

[​IMG]

9. Lukeybabes Forum Member

The rest of the bits for the digifiz should be on there way in the next couple of days so hopefully you will be seeing updates on it. Im stalling I know.

But I got my kmh to mph converter in the post today. A lot lot smaller than I was expecting (That's what she said)

[​IMG]

Also got my car all dirty while going and having a nose at the floods in my area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GG.

GG. Forum Member

Great looking GTI! Where did you get the dash brackets for the Digifiz? I rang my dealer up and they said that only one side can be ordered, the other side is obselete.

11. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Cracking looking mk2 that :thumbup:

12. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks guys! I got them with the digifiz when the guy took it out of the car for me. But they can be got on eBay Germany most of them time.

13. tom.rich Forum Member

Liking the one touch windows mate, I'd missed that bit before :thumbup:

14. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Haven't got them in just yet. Can't remember why not. Laziness most likely

15. Dubsy87 New Member

You know my thoughts on this Luke, a true inspiration for mine. Attention to detail is incredible!

16. Lukeybabes Forum Member

17. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Got a couple of bits done today. Washed the car, got upset because of a couple of new stone chips that have gone a bit rusty :(, found out why all my washer fluid just disappeared. I thought it was going to be a crack in the bottle but just a pipe has split. And then did the old rice trick on one of my headlights as its letting water in. The lens it loose. might swap it for a spare I have or run some sealant around the edge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. murph81 Forum Member

Stunning looking Mk2!

19. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks man

20. Lukeybabes Forum Member

I don't know how I manage it. Got a nice big package this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I feel like I'm just repeating old pages from the thread now. lol
    Wet vac came out.

[​IMG]

And then I gave the tatty back of the seat the carpet treatment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then in it went.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old bench is now for sale. Very tidy.