20vt conversion

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Ditchyboy, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Ditchyboy Forum Member

Cheers Andy,I have the rear lines from caliper to beam just need the other rear lines and front lines,g60 work ok being as I have the ones mentioned?
    I can't exactly remember what's custom as they were off a guy on another forum and that forums changed so all pm's were lost that told me about there exact spec.I think they were often fitted to Mondeo touring cars as rears apparently and have floating calipers.meant to awesome,I do need to notch a little out of the rear beam so calipers can float though.he had them on his but then got brembos all round.

2. AndyRhino

AndyRhino Forum Junkie

sweet they sound cool. yea the g60 will be fine but the ones that would normally go to the rear callipers will just be spare. good luck. if you get stuck with anything doing your swap you can give me a call and ill answer best i can!

3. Ditchyboy Forum Member

can anyone who has done the conversion let me know part numbers or sizes / lengths of the following:

AUQ to O2a gearbox bolts
    AUQ to O2a gasket
    G60 brake setup bolts from calipers / carriers to uprights
    Turbo manifold to downpipe studs (got one missing)
    G60 flywheel to VR6 clutch bolts
    If there is anything else (little and annoying or extra nuts / bolts / gaskets) that people can think of that you can give me part numbers / sizes for would be a great help

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  4. Ditchyboy Forum Member

any help guys? plenty of you must of done it and know some part numbers?!

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Sign up to Vagcat or Wagenstad for all your fastener size/part no. needs. :thumbup:

6. turbotommy Forum Member

For the 1st two,all 02A bolts will fit and the gasket will depend on the grearbox code (not al 02A's have the same gasket/metal foils)
    All the others you can get at the dealers so part numbers are not needed really,k03 exhaust stud is the same as any other (AGU AUM AUQ etc...) have you got the old one out yet?

Lable all normal bolts in their bags as they can look very simlar,this stops any confusion later in the build.

7. Admin Guest

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162045&referrerid=10009

8. Ditchyboy Forum Member

cheers lads!
    it was missing when i got the engine, so only had the 3 studs in.

9. Admin Guest