2E crossflow build

Discussion in '8-valve' started by George HH, Jan 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

where did you get the fittings etc for future reference?

2. milesmk2 Forum Member

I got them from work, and work gets them from RS :)

3. milesmk2 Forum Member

Here's a thought: would the upper part of an ABF inlet fit the lower part of a 8v x-flow manifold?

If it does then it would be perfect as the ABF part has a port for the ISV.

4. milesmk2 Forum Member

A word of warning to anyone planning on using the VR throttle body with a mk4 crossflow manifold:
    They dont fit.

The VR Tb is much much bigger. Just found this out the hard way :(

5. milesmk2 Forum Member

Hello George!

Im just in the middle of making my MK2 a 2.0 crossflow and i was wondering how you went about redirecting the water hose that comes from the top of the water pump into the rest of the system?

Ive found a good way for the top rad hose using a standard rad, and one for the main water pipe to go to the water flange but im a little flumoxed about the one i mention above. Where have you directed your's?

Thanks, Miles.

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

With the lack of a front water flange, I'd be looking to replace the rad and hoses for a later setup from an X-Flow car.

I have a Seat diesel rad for mine, with hoses attached. Don't think that's a complete solution, but probably a good chunk of the way there. I'll be looking at VAG cars in the scrappers for ideas.

7. milesmk2 Forum Member

Ive had a little jig around with the a load of hose i had laying around and some bits from the mk4 i got the head etc from. Ive made a tidy little setup i believe.

Pics tomorrow.

8. milesmk2 Forum Member

I don't suppose you've got any pictures of the throttle body and where and how you mounted the idle/WOT switch George?