4+e

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Jolfa, Jan 24, 2004.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

Dudes one question thats been picking at me:

Should i change the dizzy rev limiter which is set to 6250 for a higher one to go with this box or is it worth it because of my lower down grunt and it's an 8v which doesnt rev as high as the 16v as i found when i replaced the limiter with a higher one by accident & seemed to quite violently jerk when i hit the limiter with it fitted? (may have been 6800?), with the present one i hit the limiter & it just happily burbles until i change gear.
    Edited by: fthaimike

2. Jettin' Forum Member

If the bottom end has been balanced then go for it, it should easily be able to rev further. What is the cam like in there, does it still want to pull at the higher rev range? At what revs do you produce the most power?

3. fthaimike Forum Addict

Power goes linear at about 4000rpm, engines been fully balanced, lightened, ported & polished etc...

got a 103 cam in a pack c head, 40.5 inlet & 35 outlet valves, long stroke crank, 82.51mm mahle pistons, lightened flywheel, 1.6 metering unit, k-star series II, gas flowed inlet manifold with audi 80 throttle body mated to power rohr & drilled box with jetex filter, ansa 4to1 branch into 2.5" stainless stell exhaust.

4. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

When i was enquiring about fitting a x-flox head and bodies to my 2.0l I was told I could raise the limiter to 7200rpm.

The nature of the 2.1, with the longer stroke, makes it less revvy over a 2.0l.

My rev limter was set at 6500rpm, so I can't see any need for you to go any higher than that :)