8V Crossflow

Discussion in '8-valve' started by rstoney85, Feb 1, 2005.

1. rstoney85 New Member

ok maybe i shouldnt be telling you guys this as i might get it instead, but i dont think you guys are backstabbers :p but ive found an 8v crossflow head on ebay.com

here

now from what i understand this head will fit on a 1.8 mk 2 block, correct then i can run my twin 40's without them being over the exhaust manifold ?

question is will it fit and is it a straight swap ?

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

If your inlet manifold for your webers is for a Mk2 it won't fit - the ports are the MK3 shape so you need a manifold to fit a Mk3 type port

and you know you really want a 2 litre to stick it on...

3. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

It'll bolt straight on, but you'll have oil and water p****** out everywhere as some of the holes in the head don't match to the holes in the block of a standard mk2.
    The water hole between cylinders 1 and 2 is elongated on the ehad and not on the block, and there are some extra holes in the head compared to the block.

If your gonna go ahead then I may have a 20v block hanging around that you could swap the pistons over sort you problem ;)

4. rstoney85 New Member

sounds like its not really worth it then, might as well just use the standard gti head.
    oh well [:^(] cheers guys