A Copper Crashed Into Me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by S1MMA, Nov 22, 2003.

1. S1MMA Forum Member

result of a head on collision with a copper this morning at 00.30am. He went through a red light and careered across two lanes on the opposite side of the road, the nearest lane being occupied by me. I had just pulled away from a green traffic light, probably doing 10-15mph, had no chance of stopping. The tw@t didnt even have his flashing blue's or siren on. I've got an independant witness which pulled away at the lights next to me, and it is all on the local CCTV camera monitoring the junction, so I have them by the balls.

what a c*nt, at least the BBS's arent damaged:

Edited by: S1MMA

2. madmonkey Forum Addict

Screw them dude, screw them for all they're worth. [:x]

3. S1MMA Forum Member

the copper actually went through a red light without his "flashing blue's" on, if it's shown on the CCTV, then it's going to be all she wrote. I'll take them to the cleaners.

4. madmonkey Forum Addict

Don't forget your mental aguish, lack of sleep and personal problems that have arisen due to the trauma you've suffered. ;)

5. AndrewF Forum Addict

jees...bet you yelled at them a fair bit. what was their excuse?

6. S1MMA Forum Member

their excuse? their wasnt one! The Sergent even said it looks like its their fault!

7. S1MMA Forum Member

The problem with crashing into a copper is that you can't really lose your rag, they were waiting for me to give them an excuse to get them off the hook, speeding/drinking/smoking etc...

I just played it cool, and judged my options. I just have to hope it turns out ok. Proper bast@rd.

8. Dudboy Guest

Pictures we need pictures

9. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

they were pics, disappeared tho :)

10. S1MMA Forum Member

will put them back up in a bit

11. S1MMA Forum Member

12. gillm

gillm ***** User

no way mate . thats bang out of order . nail them hard !

13. thebluebus Forum Junkie

sh!t man, thats a sad looking dub! Have you checked the CCTV yet? made sure its definatly on there?
    Edited by: thebluebus

14. Rainking Forum Member

Nasty..... [8(]

15. S1MMA Forum Member

havent checked the cctv yet, don't know if I have access to it. The police are doing a full investigation on it though, and said they'd look at the CCTV themselves. Find out what they have to say for themselves on monday.

16. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Gutted S1MMA, is it going to be fixed or is it time for a VR6?

[​IMG]

Is this sound deadening stuff? I want to make my car a lot quieter on the inside but wondered wheres best to get it and which stuff is best.

17. prep boy New Member

Sorry you had to go through that. Don't let up and get as much as you can out of this. Sounds like this cop was simply going nowhere and being an idiot. Thank God your alive. WOW. Again though. Play it cool like you have been yet don't let them take advantage of you at all. Take CHARGE GTI buddy. Take CHARGE!
    Edited by: prep boy

18. S1MMA Forum Member

thx for the replies, I will try not to let them get away with it, but they are the police and I wouldn't be surprised if they do wriggle out of it somehow.

Got some pictures in the light, see the damage more clearly:

http://photo.starblvd.net/S1MMA/4-2-3-1072477565?m=0&pg=3&ro =1&co=2&pw=*21493FC2CF68

http://photo.starblvd.net/S1MMA/4-2-2-1071889049?m=0&pg=3&ro =1&co=1&pw=*6AA03FC2CCB9 ">

The bonnet is dented/scratched, the drivers wing is dented, the grille is f*cked, the front bumper is screw*d, the front splitter is bent, both main lights are broke, both foglights are smashed, all indicators/reflectors on front bumper are smashed, the radiator has been pushed back and bent. I think some of the metalwork behind the front bumper is also pushed back or bent.

what do you guys recon on the cost of getting that lot done at an expensive repair place? 2000+? Parts alone will be quite a lot, VW arent the cheapest place for lights/wings/bumpers! Front foglights are over 200 for a pair aren't they?

1990, I would upgrade if they wrote it off, but that doesnt seem likely. Probably to a 16v, as the insurance is only 20 different, but would look at VR's. Both getting a bit rare for low milage mint examples though. My 8v had 42000miles on it when I bought it 21 months ago.

cant see a pic for the sound deadening stuff, I used the B&Q b1tchumin rolls, think they're 20 each for 10m worth. It works a treat and is loads cheaper than the branded stuff, but is thinner. Probably a good thing, as it saves on weight. A whole roll aint that heavy, and can cover a large amount of car.
    Edited by: S1MMA

19. AndrewF Forum Addict

if it gets written off what you planning on doing with the wheels ;)

20. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

If it gats written off i'll buy the full car off you for more than they value it at.