ABF Distributor

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by lmn, Jul 23, 2020.

1. LMN

lmn New Member

Hi,

I have a mk2 golf with an ABF engine conversion. Been having some trouble recently with the engine not starting when hot. My mechanic has taken a look and has found that the exciter wire in the distributor looks to short out when the engine is hot. So I have to wait for the engine to cool a bit before I can start it again, have been waiting for a couple hours in some cases.

I'm looking to buy a new distributor and just want to make sure I'm getting the correct part, unless anyone thinks this may be a job I can sort with the current one?

[​IMG]

Here is the part I have on at the moment. Am I wanting to get the same part or is this not even the correct part in the first place? I didn't do the conversion myself and have little info, so like to question the work as and when it comes up.

A lot of the distributors I've found online don't have the angled connections, is this necessary or just a case of buying a specific distributor cap along with the part itself?

Are there any more compatible parts I should also look for, not sure how specific of a part is needed here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. LMN

lmn New Member

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

cap is specific to abf distributor,leads are same as mk2/corrado/passat 16v. can get all of the bits here relatively cheap, also lists VW and BERU part numbers you can use when searching on ebay:
    http://www.vwspares.co.uk