Abf turbo setup

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by possle, May 1, 2018.

1. possle Forum Member

Hi guys, not been on here for so long but thought it was about time I start looking. Work on my golf (mk1) has finally begin (6 years later)
    I'm going to do an ABF turbo and hoping I can run it buy you guys.
    Ideally id like 300bhp (270+ ftlb torque) but the Engine internals are the main factor for me
    I don't plan on WOT under 3000rpm!!

ABF Standard lump (standard abf rods / 2E(what engine they from) or forged set?) engine internals will be checked for wear and replaced/reworked if required. (what can standard components take)
    2 x 1.9mm HG to lower compression
    Standard, refurbished ABF cylinder head
    Arp head stud kit
    Quality piston ring set
    Garett GTX2860GEN 2
    20vt / abf inlet with 20vt fuel rail with 440cc bosch injectors
    EWP 02J gearbox (3.389 final drive) with Wavertrac LSD
    Probably cast log manifold but may be able to have a manifold made at work with fitments I require (garrett is external wastegate)
    Megasquirt ecu? What extra parts required for it to work properly (electronic boost control wide band sensor etc?)
    The extras will all be done, as in brakes, suspension, turbo boost/oil routing, intercooler etc as the build progresses

As hard as it is I'm trying to get an estimate of cost as I may be getting funds for it. And whilst I don't have a budget I don't want too over spend.

Ive read through toyotecs Wolf r build (again) and will carry on reading through others (if you have links please send them!)

Cheers guys

New site looks great

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The WOLF R spawn other engines, that pushed to idea to a fine art.

Your injectors need to be at least 550 cc to deliever the fuel strength for max power and torque with that turbo. All things being equal of course.

3. possle Forum Member

Toyotec - Ive pm'd you!

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Send me an email.

5. possle Forum Member

Ok, what's your email?