ABV - Crank, fuel at engine & spark - no fire

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by MJA, Feb 6, 2022.

1. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,

Haven't used the Corrado in a few weeks. It's cranking over on the key (sounds normal/got compression) but with no attempt to cough to life.

I've bridged the fuel pump relay and can hear the fuel pump. I pulled off the fuel line at the fuel rail (top hose/white) and fuel came out on ignition. I don't have a pressure tester. It filled half a jam jar in about 1-2 seconds.

I pulled a spark plug out and cranked - could see spark.

New battery installed. Relay 109 & 67 are clicking on ignition.

It has a full tank of Tesco 99 but before that I did put half a tank of E10 in.

The engine is pretty healthy - it's had a top end rebuild 5000 miles ago at Stealth, injectors refurbished, new bosch sensors on crank, MAF. New VDO Fuel pump.

Where do I go next on testing - Pull injectors - not done that before? Is it a case of removing inlet manifold and just pulling them out with hand pressure? Do I need to be mindful of replacing any seals? I do have an ultrasonic cleaner at home.

It did this fail to start first time about 6 weeks ago for the first time but fired up after a few tries. It was fine after that.

2. H8V

h8v Forum Member

You've tried using one of those Easy Start sprays to see if it runs with that?

MJA likes this.
  3. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

Working again - I pumped the accelerator pedal whilst cranking and it fired up. Starts fine off the pedal after that. Weird.

Perhaps dirty throttle body is my current thoughts

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022