Adjustable Top Mounts

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by theboysmiffy, Jul 14, 2020.

1. theboysmiffy

theboysmiffy Paid Member Paid Member

I have been running Epytec top mounts on the Mk1:

https://epytec.de/en/chassis/strut-...ion-bearing-camber-adjustement-uniball?c=2060

I was wondering if any engineer type dudes on here might be able to answer my question. I have inserted the sleeve/spacer that comes with these from the under side and into the bearing:

upload_2020-7-14_19-7-48.jpeg
    Obviously this means I have lost a little vital suspension travel. Would it be acceptable to drop the spacer into the bearing from the top? The damper/spring cup would then be in direct contact with the underside of the bearing. The sleeve would still be doing it’s job in the bearing and I would gain 10mm travel, every little counts!

Just thought I’d check before doing irreparable damage. Thanks.

Adam

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Doesn’t the picture on their website show the spacer on top and then the spring cup flush against the top mount? Or am I missing something?

3. theboysmiffy

theboysmiffy Paid Member Paid Member

I can’t see the spacer/sleeve in any of the pics on their website apart from the one I posted above. I agree that the spring cup does look to be tight up to the underside bearing in this one:

upload_2020-7-14_22-32-27.jpeg

Just for clarity by spacer I mean the tube that slots into the bearing and then accepts the threaded part of the strut.