Adrian Flux... taking money without approval before policy expired

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by g60luke, Jun 23, 2016.

1. g60luke Forum Member

Just a warning.... Adrian Flux took money out of my account today without approval and before my policy expired in 5 days.
    Left me 500quid overdrawn when I could get insured elsewhere for half that.
    Totally disinterested when I called and not worried I was overdrawn and getting charged. Policy had not even expired.
    Word of warning cancel direct debits with them before you get fleeced! Said they would refund in 5 days but sorry that's not good enough.... will not use again that's for sure

2. tsutton Forum Member

Last time I used them, their policy DID state the monies would be taken before the policy expires, so unless you've asked them not to take the money before it expires, I'm afraid it's your responsibilities to read the policy they sent you.

All insurance are set up like that.

3. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Read the small print. It will be there - "auto-renewal". However, they are legally obliged to send you a renewal notice at least a couple of weeks before they take the money.

4. Benjo Forum Member

Adrian Flux have just done this to me too, & I am also not impressed. Very sharp business practice, I shall not be using them again either! Who did you go with Luke?

5. Ralphead New Member

I got a quote through Google and the best price was Adrian Flux. I took out the cover and paid in full. Two days later they phoned and said that my policy had been cancelled as I hadn't declared a CCJ (another story). I argued that I had not been asked about any CCJs on the quote form and so had not seen any reason to declare one. They took four days to give back my money. I had emptied the bank to pay for a year outright and now had no insurance, so that's four days off work, nearly as much as the policy. I tried to claim my lost earnings back but they basically said that as I was the sort of person who would have a CCJ then I deserved not to get it back, I **** you not. Scum, total scum.

6. BEV

Bev New Member

Many insurance co do this

7. pigbladder Forum Addict

thats one insurer i try to avoid , too many storys of them stiffing the customer one way or another