AFH 1.4 16V Persistant Idle problem

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by JonnyMcM, Sep 13, 2010.

1. JonnyMcM New Member

Hey guys this is my first post on here! I have a 1998 6n 1.4 16v polo with a persistant idle problem. I have tried TWO new throttle bodies and the problem persists. Its been on VAGCOM numerous times now and still come's back fault code 00282 Throttle Position Actuator (v60) 36-10 open circuit- intermittent. I have tried every thing and replaced every vacum hose with red silicone hose and all the gaskets. I am losing the will to live trying to find the cause of this, am I missing something? Am I Stoopid? Please help!!!!

Jonny

2. nealey Forum Junkie

Might be worth getting hold of some wiring diagrams and doing some wiring checks, its possible you have a partially broken or burnt wire going to the throttle body which is flexing and losing contact causing your intermittant open circuit

3. JonnyMcM New Member

Pants, not what i wanted to hear! Is there anywhere to get one or just search the net?

4. gofasterpinch Forum Member

5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

what you've linked to is basic cleaning and adaption
    the stored fault pointing to that is idle regualtion, and stop point not met

open circuit may be a broken wire, trace the wires back taking off the insulation tape paying attention to where it may kink or bend