AJQ Loom Conversion

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by ste03, Jul 31, 2016.

1. ste03 New Member

Hi guys,

I've been doing 1.8t conversions for a couple of years now and I want to try to convert a loom myself.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to wiring diagrams / guides etc to convert my newly acquired AJQ loom to mk2 ce2.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Steve.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

pirrol likes this.
  3. pirrol New Member

Hi guys
    Im looking for AJQ wiring diagrams from Audi TT but I dont have any elsa or autoda software, @rubjonny I was watching your signature document, (thanks for your job, its incredible) but I dont know if this wiring diagrams (leon and A3) are the same for Audi TT, probably not?
    Thanks and regards
    PD: sorry for my english, Im spanish.

4. rubjonny

its probably basically the same as the a3 one but I've printed it anyway, attajqecu.pdf :thumbup:

5. pirrol New Member

Thanks for your reply @rubjonny, Ill studie your new PDF, its a lot helpfull!!!

6. pirrol New Member

Hello again!
    I have been studing the Audi TT AJQ Quattro wiring diagrams since rubjonny give me,thanks @rubjonny for them, and I believe that my excel is complete now, I hope don`t have many errors...
    I want to share mi excel file with all of you, and hope could be help for other users, some notes are in spanish, because my english isnt very good... sorry, but the essential information are in english.

The file is called "CONEXIONES SWAP":
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tmh0wq7eeuxhoc/CONEXIONES SWAP.xlsx?dl=0

Installation havent been run on car yet, as soon as possible, Ill go to run, if someone see any error, please advise me and Ill try to solve.
    Regards

7. pirrol New Member

Hi all!
    Ive a little doubt... in my T6m Ive four fat cables, 1, 2, 3 and 4, could be number two fuel pump eart trigger, although wiring diagrams for AJQ said that its a reverse light....??? I didnt remenber if T10x/3(orange) is fat or slim cable...... maybe wiring diagram are wrong??? its possible???
    Someone did it this conversion from TT AJQ Quattro???
    Thanks and regards.

8. rubjonny

as per my oem faq guide T6 brown pin 2 is either reverse light or fuel relay trigger depending on the age of the donor. its easy to tell which yours is simply follow the wire from this pin it'll either go to the ecu, or the 2 pin reverse switch :) then whatever T6 brown pin 2 is, T10 orange pin 3 is the opposite ;)

pirrol likes this.
  9. pirrol New Member

Hi rubjonny,
    I understood the same thanks to your post, but I had the doubt about section cable, Ill follow this cable and clarify how dis you say, thanks one more time.
    I wrote my excel following your indications, else I cant never do it. :clap::clap::clap: Did you watch some error in my excel, something that I had understand wrong?
    sorry for my english..... :cry:
    regards and thanks again :thumbup:.

10. rubjonny

looks good, couple things you dont need the fan control wire T10x/w pin 4, this is related to the climatronic system but only on certain engine codes. and for the ECU relay put the fuse in the pin 30 wire not 86 :)

other thing about ecu relay if there is o0ne in the loom already I leave that as is and just put a fuse in the live feed to it. whether or not its there depends on the age of the donor again

pirrol likes this.
  11. pirrol New Member

OK, Ill follow your advise, thanks :thumbup:

In my wiring loom, (I believe...) doesn't have, because doesnt have relays in engine bay, either have SAI.
    Thanks again
    Regards.

12. pirrol New Member

Hi again
    Ive a little doubt... Im reading this post http://clubgti.com/showthread.php?267196 and some people splice T6m/1 to g1/10 and other people to G1/4, what is the best option??? I know that G1/4 has a fuse but g1/10 has one???
    in CE2 these are the descriptions:
    -G1/04 Ignition Coil Pin 15 (Digifant and CIS-E), Motronic ECU Pin 14 and coil power stage Pin 1(Motronic), Altitude Correction and Fuel Cut-Off Valves (diesel)
    -G1/10 Digifant/Digijet ECU Power, Injector Power (1989 only), ISV Power (G60 only)
    Thanks and regards

13. rubjonny

G1/4 is unfused ignition live, G1/10 is unfused ECU relay live. for G1/10 you need to fit a 30 or 32 relay in slot 3 to power it up.

I dont use either G1/4 or G1/10 in my looms because if its an early loom I fit a fused coil power relay above the fusebox to power the coilpacks and take the ECU T6/1 feed from that same as the DBW looms are. Or if its a later DBW with its own coil power relay I leave that in and use the fused ignition live from G2/4 for the ECU live as on these T6/1 is just used to switch the ecu on, the main ecu live is fed from the coil power relay :)

G1/10 would make it as per factory MK2/3 digifant, unfused here isnt much risk as its tucked in the main loom. I would always fuse the coil power to be safe as the coilpack harnesses can be prone to cracking up. It seems only the DBW looms that seem to suffer from it, but I like to be safe rather than sorry as they say. I have seen people suffer from issues using a plain ignition feed on the coils, for this reason I always add a coil power relay just to make sure they are well fed same as the DBW looms.

pirrol likes this.
  14. pirrol New Member

OK, thanks for your explanation, I'll follow your advise and Ill fit a fused coil power relay above the fusebox to power the coilpacks and take the ECU T6/1 feed from that same as you said me, because my 1.8t AJQ doesnt have ECU relay.
    Your words are rules for me rubjonny!!!
    Thanks again for your help.
    Regards
    I fit a fused coil power relay above the fusebox to power the coilpacks and take the ECU T6/1 feed from that same as you said

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  15. rubjonny

Good stuff :)

pirrol likes this.
  16. pirrol New Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  17. rubjonny

you dont need any fuses for the connections on G1/8, this is already fused :)

You could move T6m/5 to Z/1 with a fuse on it though, it has quite a few feeds on it so may overload the stock fuse. just leave T10i/5 direct to g1/8 protected with the OEM fuse :)

G1/4 is unfused, but I would take the ecu and coilpack lives from the ecu relay which you plan to add above the fusebox. put a 15a fuse on the live feed from the Y spades/battery to ecu relay pin 30, pin 87 to the ecu and coil power, 85 to earth and 86 to g1/4 or g2/4 (g2/4 is already fused for you)

technically g1/3 is earthed via the ecu, so it wouldnt have the ground bit you have drawn on at the bottom ;)

pirrol likes this.
  18. pirrol New Member

Hi again,
    I believe understand you,
    Ive been editing my pictures after your explanation, I hope to do well.....
    WITHOUT ECU RELAY (OEM, AJQ DOESNT HAVE ONE)
    https://flic.kr/p/Cb6BZ5
    ADDING ECU RELAY, FOLLOWING RUBJONNY NOTES
    https://flic.kr/p/Zeo8i1
    thanks a lot rubjonny
    regards

19. rubjonny

The Y spades are the common live rail on the back of the fusebox, there is 1 wire to here from the battery which feeds the other 3 spades as well as all the live feeds inside the fusebox. I've done a bit of editing MSPaint, does that make it a bit more clear? :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Andre20VT and pirrol like this.
  20. pirrol New Member

Hi Rubjonny
    You are a wiring looms crack!!!
    I have learn a lot reading you, if one day my swap is able to run, will be thanks to you obiously.
    Sorry for my ignorance, but my english maybe was the reason which I didnt understand you previously.
    Thanks a lot one again.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017