AJQ Loom Conversion

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by ste03, Jul 31, 2016.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

is the pedal from the same car as the engine? if not check the part number, diesel pedal is different to the petrol ones :)

2. pirrol New Member

Yes all parts are from the same car, except TB because the original part car was broken for an accident, (same reference) but electrically worked properly bacause I started TT before extract the engine, Ill try with old TB again, but yesterday after that problem I plug in and didnt work either, I must test again.

3. pirrol New Member

Hi guys!
    TB has been repaired and now I can do the adaptation properly, It was the problem:
    Vagcom errors:
    [​IMG]Sin ttulo by Ignacio Muoz Martin, en Flickr
    TB damaged:
    I has welded this broken pin and now work properly
    First problem solved.
    But the engine still without start, the engine started the first time easy but the fuel pump runing out of petrol the next day and I think that could been broken now... I can hear elevation fuel pump but only if I join pin 30 and 87 from fuel pump relay, I use my other mk2 fuel pump relay and Ive the same result, but in the other car both relays works properly. Ive two golf mk2.
    How many voltage I need for G1/8 and Z/1 while cracking??? because only have 9V and I think that I need 12v. I dont know if could be a mecanical problem or electric...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. rubjonny

are you sure the battery is in good condition? also check the state of your main live wire from the battery to the fusebox, if its a bit grotty then replace it

5. pirrol New Member

I tried to start with two batteries because I had the same suspice, with same result, this afternoom Ill check this main live wire, In the first start 30 pin from ecu relay was conected direct to battery and now Ive this wire conect to Y/1, in some cases Id read about conect to Y/4, I think that its the same... because in this pin Ive 12,28v.
    Ill follow your advise and going to check this wire, thanks rubjonny once again.

6. rubjonny

look closely at tyhe Y spades, 2 are small and 2 are large. the battery live goes to one of the larger spades :)

7. pirrol New Member

In this case, could be the problem.... Y/1 and Y/2 are small how you said, and Y/3 and Y/4 are large.

8. rubjonny

fingers crossed :thumbup:

9. pirrol New Member

I tried to conect ecu relay pin 30 to Y/4 (large) and test with new ecu relay and new fuel pump relay yesterday, but doesnt start... later I extracted main fuel pump (under car) and conected to 12v directly and works properly, today Ill go to do the same with elevation fuel pump. I hope that will be the problem, else... maybe test with new coils and sparks... but with these started the first time.....

10. pirrol New Member

11. rubjonny

Sorry I was talking about the main battery power live wire from the battery positive to the fusebox, this needs to go to one of the 2 large Y spades. The MK2 cable might be old and corroded, reducing power to the fusebox this is why I was suggesting you check its all fine

The ECU relay pin 30 can go to any of the live spades on the fusebox, small or large :)

a faulty lift pump could explain your issues, or perhaps the fuel pipe between the pump and the main lifter assembly has rotted away inside the tank

12. pirrol New Member

Hi guys, good news!!! mi AJQ is alive again!!!
    After test both fuel pumps, inyectors, electric conections, relays, fuses, etc... I forgot the most basic part of combustion... Ive fuel, but I dont have spark...

MAIN FUEL PUMP
    [​IMG]
    Sin ttulo
    by Ignacio Muoz Martin, en Flickr

ELEVATION PUMP
    [​IMG]
    Sin ttulo

INJECTORS
    [​IMG]
    Sin ttulo

and finally, the problem... I dont know how the engine could started the first time......
    [​IMG]
    Sin ttulo

no spark video:
    [​IMG]
    IMG_6955

I cleaned them to the first test before buy new parts and engine waked up. and the engine started: HERE THE VIDEO:
    [​IMG]
    PNTS4730

Thanks to everybody for your help, specially to rubjonny, this guy is a start.
    to be continue...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  13. pirrol New Member

I forgot to say that the seal of the rocker cover has died and had a lot of oil between coil and the spark plugs, and I tried to start the engine previously out of petrol, Ill change the spark plugs and observe their state in a few days.

14. rubjonny

good stuff :thumbup:

15. pirrol New Member

Hi guys!!
    I have been drive my mk2 since we wrote this post with no problems, is time to turbo and ecu upgrade, I want to do a wideband conversion in my AJQ 99, my CE2 conections are in this post, rubjonny helped me to wiring AJQ wiring looms to CE2.
    I have been studing my diagrams to swap NB to WB. but I ve a doubt... Can I use my relay 53 to wideband conversion??? If I don´t wrong only need to join T121/21 to 85 and T121/121 to 87,obviously add pins to wb lambda and vvt pin. All wiring driagrams I checked, said that T121/3 must be joined to 86 but in my setup I have T121/3 to 87 (throught T6m/1=t10i/8)

Wirings I´ve found in forums: NB to WB, (only ecu relay conections), ignoring lambda and vvt
    30 - live(+12v)
    85 - T121/21 Earth trigger (GND)
    87 - T121/121
    86 - T121/3 fused (15A)

My ECU power relay setup (relay 53) NB:
    30 - Live (+12v) - Y spade (T121/62 throught T6m/4)
    85 - GND
    87 - T121/3 (throught T6m/1 = T10i/8)
    86 - G2/4 pin CE2 switched live fused 15A

How I think that could be word WB, modifications in RED:
    30 - live(+12v)- Y spade (T121/62 throught T6m/4)
    85 - GND add T121/21
    87 - T121/3 (throught T6m/1 = T10i/8) add T121/121
    86 - G2/4 pin CE2 switched live fused 15A ¿¿¿add T121/3 too??? not necessary???

¿T121/3 could be in wrong place now?
    @rubjonny how do you do this kind of conversions?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  16. rubjonny

pin 3 needs to be ignition live on a wideband, you can feed it from a relay but no need as it doesnt have so much load. on a CE2 for example you could run it to G1/10 and fit a #30 or 32 ecu relay in slot 3. If the ignition live feed to your 53 relay pin 86 is decent you can splice it into that wire.

the main live for these ECU is pin 121, which is fed by the 428 relay in the black plastic box. the relay box is on the big ecu plug half of the loom and powers the coilpacks and ecu pin 121 via a big 2 pin plug

pin 21 on the wideband ecu is the earth trigger for the main ecu/coilpack power relay above, without this the ecu will flag a code but pretty certain it wont actually affect running.

so, you could do it like this:
    30 - live(+12v)- Y spade (T121/62 through T6m/4)
    85 - T121/21 OR earth
    87 - T121/121 & coilpack power
    86 - G2/4 pin CE2 switched live fused 15A add T121/3

pirrol likes this.
  17. rubjonny

if you want the ECU to trigger your relay to power the coilpacks and ecu pin 121 with the trigger feed from ECU pin 21, you MUST run pin 3 to a separate ignition live source. If you run 121 & 3 to a relay which is triggered by the ECU, it'll never power up. pin 3 is 'ignition sense' and when you put 12v to this feed the ecu switches on the main ecu & coilpack power relay.

if you keep your relay as plain ignition triggered with ignition live and earth, then you can put pin 3 and 121 on pin 87 of the relay

pirrol likes this.
  18. pirrol New Member

If I´ve understood you, this option is using G1/10 for 30 or 32 digifant ecu relay, I add T conector pin for future searches:
    30 - live(+12v) Y spade (T121/62 through T6m/4)
    85 - direct to T121/21 OR earth
    87 - T121/121 AND coilpack power (throught T10i/8)
    86 - G2/4 pin CE2 switched live fused 15A add T121/3 (throught T6m/1)

19. pirrol New Member

This is my first opcion, use only 53 relay.
    If I´ve understood you, could be something like this:

85 - direct to T121/21 OR earth, actually is earth, can splice earth and T121/21?
    87 - T121/121 AND coilpack power (throught T10i/8) AND T121/3 (throught T6m/1)
    86 - G2/4 pin CE2 switched live fused 15A NO ADD

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152065610@N05/shares/4d8049

I´m very grateful to you!!!
    SORRY MY ENGLISH... I need to improve it... I hope understand you

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  20. rubjonny

so if you wanted to use a 30 or 32 relay:

coilpack power relay:
    85 - direct to T121/21 OR earth
    87 - T121/121 AND coilpack power (throught T10i/8)
    86 - G2/4 pin CE2 switched live fused 15A

T121/3 -> G1/10

if you DONT want to use 30/32 relay, same as above but give T121/3 an ignition live from elsewhere, i.e. G2/4, G1/4, D plug 8, 9 or 11, whatever. Also I would recommend you put a 15a fuse on the wire to pin 30 and ecu pin 62. The coilpack harness is prone to cracking up with age so its best to have a fuse to protect this circuit.

with pin 85 of the relay above, pin 85 needs to be earthed to trigger it. You EITHER run it direct to ground (earth claw, chassis, whatever) which makes it a dumb ignition switched relay. OR you run it direct to ECU T121/21 which allows the ECU to control when and if the coilpacks/ecu pin 121 get power.

Either option will work, but if you don't use pin 21 the ECU will flag an error code. Since there is no downside to running pin 21 to the relay there is no reason not to so I woudl recommend you wire it like that :)

pirrol likes this.