Applying for your Volkswagen's Birth Certificate - link

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Dave, Mar 22, 2010.

1. MF74 Forum Member

They have just emailed me to say that they will send me a new certificate with the correct info :)

2. Sprockutt New Member

Glad to hear that! Hopefully they will provide you with the correct details this time.

3. MF74 Forum Member

Hopefully, fingers crossed! Aparantally the records are on microfilmed Hollerith punch cards & the more they check & handle them the more they deteriorate & some of the older ones have become unreadable.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. MF74 Forum Member

Quick update - I got my new certificate in the post this morning & it is perfect, 100% correct. I even got a letter with it this time confirming my engine is the original. Really impressed with the service this time, I emailed them on the 17th about the mistakes & the new certificate arrived today 22nd, fantastic! They also emailed me to explain why the colour mistake had happened, they said the 2 digit order codes used can refer to more than one colour over the course of many model years.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. Sprockutt New Member

Well, I finally received my certificate and it is wrong!

So, I've emailed and hope to get the kind of response you had when you received your
    incorrect certificate.

They stated that my car was a two door (is a five door) and it left the factory on the 01/03/89 when in fact it was registered in the UK on that date. Unless somebody kicked it's **** all the way over here straight from the factory! ;)

6. MF74 Forum Member

Hi, I replied to your email.

7. Sprockutt New Member

I am having no success in getting a response from the museum about my incorrect certificate. They have yet to respond to any of the emails I have sent....very, very poor service.

Not recommended.

8. Sprockutt New Member

After posting the last comment today from work I got home tonight and a new and correct certificate has been delivered :)

They didn't acknowledge my emails but have obviously reacted to them....all's well that ends well I suppose.

9. MF74 Forum Member

Glad they sorted it for you :)

10. Sprockutt New Member

Thanks for your help with this. I think it was the direct email address you supplied me with that got things moving.

Just noticed your from Nottingham...spent a year living and working down your way. I worked
    in the City, think it was High Pavement and lived out in Southwell....happy times :thumbup: