Auschwitz

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by Collie, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Collie Forum Junkie

went to Krakow , we went to Auschwitz . just 2 iphone shots.[​IMG][​IMG]

Trev16v, bootsie and StuMc like this.
  2. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

That's a good shot from an iPhone.
    I see they've kept Auschwitz in Black & White for that extra authenticity. Nice. ;)

Collie likes this.
  3. Collie Forum Junkie

ha yes thats right bootsie

4. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

The 2 photos there was not there when i went, think tourism have made them extend the place but all good and bringing awareness to what happened there in the death camp.

5. Collie Forum Junkie

took the first one looking towads the monument built in the 60s, and the second looking back from the monument towards gate

this was the birkenau camp part of it.

6. Marty's Dub Forum Member

How utterly depressing! Out of an infinite amount of destinations to choose from, why in gods name here! I would have stayed at home in front of my nice warm stove! Howz that been for you this winter?

7. Collie Forum Junkie

stoves been great,

i have visited many places why not here?, they all have value to enrich my undestanding of the world how it is how it was how it may be,

history teaches us lessons, most probably the most horrible place i have ever been, we must learn from our (human races) mistakes and remember them.

bootsie likes this.
  8. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Amazing photos, especially from a phone. Love your choice of black and white - it suits the sombre mood of the place.

And I agree with what you've said in that last post. We do need to learn from and to emember the past.

I've not been to a concentration camp, but went to the war cemetery in Bayeux. Despite the numerous times I've seen war graves on television, nothing quite prepares you for actually being at the place. It brought all of us to tears, thinking of the thousands who perished just in that one small part of Normandy. Some of them our parents or grand-parents. Very sobering.

Collie likes this.
  9. Collie Forum Junkie

Thank you stella, i too have been to the some grave yards in france for the us canadian and british soldiers, they are beautiful and yet horrific in the same way.