Autoglass - PITA !

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by jamesa, Sep 3, 2014.

1. jamesa Forum Junkie

After 1.000 miles of a UK tour and still 600 miles from home ... the Alpina`s screen get`s hit resulting in a crack right across my line of sight.

Autoglass take the details yesterday and arrive today with the WRONG screen :thumbd:[:x] ... next availability is seven days time [:x][:x][:x]

National Windscreens are now booked for tomorrow AM, they even knew to request the additional Alpina chassis number :clap:

2. Rayhoop Paid Member Paid Member

avoid autoglass.

They did the same with our old honda civic back in 2001?.. except they only realised they had the wrong screen after removing the old one... they ended up refitting a smashed up screen to the car and sending my Dad home in it on the M25. They refused to pay for a hire car/taxi etc. When they did fit a new screen, it was blurry... and so was the next, and the next... till we eventually convinced the insurance company to fit a manufacturers original part... then it was fine.

Same issue with quality when it came to replacing the screen on our Mitsubishi Shogun.

3. jamesa Forum Junkie

^^^ ... that`s the future plan, I now need to inform our insurance companies of same !

NW turned up with three screens to ensure that they had the correct one, the two guys had it done in an hour :)