[B]clutch will not release[/B]

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by 151bhp, Mar 12, 2007.

1. 151bhp New Member

just fitted my recon'd box and now have no clutch is it possible to have the clutch weld itself to the preasure plate from lying up for a week with the box removed?

2. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Have you got the pushrod for theclutch in place?

3. 151bhp New Member

yup lol took the pushrod and throw out bearing out 2day and they are fine so stuck em bk in, started it in gear and rallie'd her up the road in first with the clutch pedal depressed and still no give didnt even slip the clutch!

4. 151bhp New Member

gearbox is coming out 2mor, i have choice its peeing me off, clutch needs manual adjustment with a sledgh hammer

5. Hotgolf

Check you have the clutch plate fitted with the spring atthe back of the clutch, and also check the pushrod finger in the 5th gear casing hasn't cracked and is turning on the clutch lever.

6. bens_cab Forum Junkie

little trick to try if your brave enough takes 2 people when i was at colege the tutor got this old golf that had been sat for a while and the clutch was stuck so instead of removing the gearbox he jacked it up started it in gear then had someone drop the jack when both front wheels hit the deck it shocked the clutch into releasing lol true story

few years later i tried it on a old montego with a vw gearbox and bugger me it worked probaly not the best thing to do but may be worth a try before the sledge hammer comes out lol

7. 151bhp New Member

the finger is good getting about 7mm of inward movement on the T,O bearing from when the tension starts. i never took the clutch out so hope its ok might resort to bens cab option lol, a neighbour of mine owns a garage he said he would have a look at it 2day so i'll wait to see what he comes bk with, waiting for him to pick it up now!

8. bens_cab Forum Junkie

lol im always the last resort me lol im a ten to 2 guy

9. 151bhp New Member

Got it sorted tonight thank f*ck removed the box and the clutch and bet the preasure plate with a hammer stuck it back together and it worked fine woohoo!

10. Hotgolf

lol thank god for that! nice easy fix