Babyshambles

Discussion in 'Music' started by VdubNash, Jan 1, 2006.

1. VdubNash Forum Member

I've been listening to their new album for a week or so now.

V.good, F*ck Forever and Pipedown are amazing tracks [:D]

Anyone else listened to it?

2. superden Forum Addict

Sh*te :thumbup:

3. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Nail. Head. End of story.

4. sportline Forum Junkie

ive got the album. c'mon you must be a die hard fan to think thats good. i'm one of the few who think doherty has still got some small amount of tallent left in his witherd skelleton, but that album is kack. the only good tracks are kilamanjaro which they have slaughtered on that album and which he coincidently penned whilst still in the libertines and writing alongside carl barrat. And "down in albion" which i will give credit to, just for the amusing and interesting lyrics.

DOHERTY, PULL YOUR FINGER OUT YOUR ASS AND THE NEEDLE OUT YOUR ARM. :lol:

5. Dub Dave Forum Member

If you had been paying attention I posted a link to the album about 3 months ago to download. Its an OK album, Im a die hard Libs fan. Carl has a bigger drug problem than Pete but knows when to leave it alone. If you can find it, get the 1st Baby Shambles album called down in albion , that was recorded in between the 2 Libs albums. It has all the best tracks plus better versions of the better songs from The 2nd Libs album, and Coral Covers etc. Youll find it online for free (it used to be babyshambles.com but then they became a real band so maybe isnt there anymore)

6. bubba_2_k Forum Member

all this kind of music is total toss and as for doherty he is one of the biggest w**kers ive ever seen, all these little indy type people who are influnced by a drugged up loser who is only just capable of staying alive let alone making music need to have ther head examined what a guy to look up 2, i hate him[xx(]
    Edited by: bubba_2_k

7. Dub Dave Forum Member

No offence, but you clearly have no clue what your talking about do you?

8. VdubNash Forum Member

:lol: :p

9. Dubya Forum Junkie

Doherty is a w**ker - correct

He is a drugged up loser - correct

He is a sh*t role model - correct

I also hate the man. He's a drugged up waste of oxygen.

10. superden Forum Addict

Seconded.

11. thebluebus Forum Junkie

yeah damn all those druggies!
    We'd have none of the legendary music that we know today if it wasnt for drugs!! Floyd, Hendrix, Beatles, Dylan, Who, all heavily influenced by drugs...the list goes on and on, sh*t i think even Shakespear was a smack head wasnt he?

12. Dub Dave Forum Member

Do you KNOW Pete? Have you ever met him or spoke to him?

13. DarrenW Forum Junkie

I've just read your post three times.

You are SERIOUSLY suggesting that Doherty is as good and is as worthy of attention as those you mention there?

Really?

You sure it's not YOU on drugs? :lol:

14. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

I think Shakespeares Sister dabbled.

15. superden Forum Addict

Oh good grief.

There is no disputing the fact that Doherty is a druggie and hes certainly a sh*t role model. If you do have (or ever have) kids and consider him to be a worthy role model, you should have your kids taken away for their own good.

:)

16. thebluebus Forum Junkie

Yes thats right...thats exactly what i said [:[]

17. thebluebus Forum Junkie

aparently i was wrong, just looked it up. Shakespear just liked the erb' [:D]

18. Dub Dave Forum Member

I have kids AND have met Pete, hence being opinionated on the matter. Pete is entoxicating (maybe the wrong word) in person and its only then that you realise (and maybe it will be too late for the masses) that the guy is as important and relevant as Mike Skinner, Morrissey or Lennon. Look, we wont agree. Just leave it. :)

19. superden Forum Addict

Bullsh*t.

And Mike Skinner ? Important ? What planet are you on ?

:lol:

No, why should I `just leave it` ?

After all, you wont.

Thread after thread, you keep jumping to his defence. Until you stop making these fatuous statements about a man who is at best a sh*t role model, I fail to see why the rest of us should let you have your own way. Wow, you met him. That automatically makes your opinion far more informed (even though you seem utterly blinkered by his `personality`, a fact proven by your comment that you found him `intoxicating`). The fact that you consider him to be more than he actually is (at best, a mediocre performer) suggests to me that you are perhaps not the best person to comment on character judgement. What you fail to understand is we arent necessarily commenting on whether hes a `nice guy` to those he knows, we are commenting on the fact that hes overrated, undertalented and a p*ss poor role model. In that respect (given the subjective nature of the comment) you are in no position to judge us, or belittle our opinion.

:)
    Edited by: superden

20. DarrenW Forum Junkie

[:s]:lol:[:s]:lol:[:s]:lol:[:s]

I haven't met him, but I've never met Shakespear, Lennon or any of the others and I am more than capable of recognising THEIR talent and contribution.

Doherty (and Mike Skinner for that matter), I do not. Because they don't have ANYTHING LIKE the abilities of Hendrix, Lennon, Shakespear etc etc etc...