Babyshambles

Discussion in 'Music' started by VdubNash, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

gutted

2. Dub Dave Forum Member

Yawn....we dont ALL like the same things mate. I PERSONALLY think my statements are true, you think yours are. I work in the music industry, so meet a lot of wasters, Pete isnt. IMO.

Id rather him as a role model than a Pussycat doll.

3. superden Forum Addict

So you work in the `music industry`.

And ?

That means nothing in relation to this subject fella, I meet `wasters` on a daily basis and I dont work in the music industry. The fact you work in a music related field is an irrelevance, as this entire debate is based on personal opinion. Nice of you to drop it in there though, I`m sure you feel better for letting us all know.

No we dont all like the same things, thankfully. And from the `tone` of your reply it seems you are taking my comments (and those of other people) rather to much to heart. Particularly as none are actually aimed at you. Personally I think Pussycat Gash and Pete Wossisface are both sh*t role models for children. So we vaguely agree on something.

:)

4. DarrenW Forum Junkie

I buy a lot of music, and have met a lot of wasters too. So my opinion is just as valid [:s]

Waster or not isn't the issue to me, it's his supposed incredible awe-inspiring talent and ability, which I just refuse to accept, since he clearly doesn't have it.

Pete Waterman, for example, has had a FAR greater influence on people's lives than Doherty, Mike Skinner OR the Pussycat Dolls. I eagerly await the day when kids start running full size steam trains in their back gardens :lol:

5. superden Forum Addict

I already do Darren.

My back garden ... yesterday.

[​IMG]

:lol:

6. Dub Dave Forum Member

All Im saying is that the Press publish bull S4it stories about him. He gets arrested and released almost daily as he is an easy target..however he is always released straight away as if the police arrest him this shows them in a good 'zero tolerence' light, although arresting him is like shooting fish in a barrel. He is an Addict, therfore always has 'personal' on him. I didnt see positive reviews of the sold out tour that was one of the tours of the year...that wouldnt sell papers.

7. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Maybe that's cos it wasn't one of the tours of the year?!

The press can publish what they like, my opinion isn't influenced by them, as I don't read newspapers or watch tabloid trash TV. It's based on the music :)

8. Dub Dave Forum Member

Sadly the music doesnt follow the rep. The sad thing is, it could have. The songs are there but the production destroys them...much like the 2nd Libs album. The only time the potential was fully revealed was when Bernard Butler (suede) produced them. That was when I saw them live and saw the greatest gig I have EVER seen. Thats after at least 6-700 gigs in my life.

9. superden Forum Addict

Dave, I think this can all be summed up in two sentences.

1. I think hes a talentless c*nt, but I accept others may think otherwise, personal taste and all that jazz.

2. He is a sh*t role model, and nobody can argue otherwise, fact.

Your comment about meeting him and him being a nice guy is an irrelevance, as its his public image thats the role model for kids. If you try to argue otherwise with regard to this, you simply demonstrate you ignorance of what a decent role model should be. You would struggle to find many decent parents who would disagree.

Edited by: superden

10. DarrenW Forum Junkie

I'd disagree, and it doesn't matter how many gigs I've been to in my life. I've listened to THOUSANDS of records.

The songs aren't there IMO, certainly not in the way the songs of the Beatles, Hendrix or the Who are. Production doesn't really have much to do with it...

11. Dub Dave Forum Member

The producer is as important to a band as a Guitarist. Thats why Godrich/Rubin etc earn millions per record. Mick Jones produced Babyshambles and ruined it with trying to sound like a demo.

Den, on the role model thing, maybe your right but I was brought up on Guns N Roses who were 'trouble causers' and druggies. I turned out OK. I used to love Cradle of filth and MM but I dont worship Satan. I was allowed to make my own decisions, and you know what..I came out OK. Rock Stars are supposed to be Mystical, mysterious and aloof. Not like radiohead who are probably in bed by 9.30pm.

12. superden Forum Addict

You did, others dont.

Simple as that.

13. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

definitely agree with you there. I'd say possibly more so, cos an amazing producer will make sh*t sound good. Shame Babyshambles didn't get one.

14. superden Forum Addict

:lol:

15. madmonkey Forum Addict

It's not compulsory... ;) :lol:

16. Dubya Forum Junkie

Yet if they arrested him 'daily' (are you sure?) for nothing then it would show them in a bad 'arresting people for f**k all' light, if he was innocent.

The man is a junkie, and therefore unworthy of my respect. You know him so well, how many times has he been to rehab?

17. Dub Dave Forum Member

twice I think, and Prison Once. Same as Hugh Cornwell.

I didnt say Daily, however, he has been arrested at least 4 times in the past month or so. Thats 4 more than I have.

18. superden Forum Addict

Thats because you arent behaving like a c*nt, as he does.

Edited by: superden

19. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Hmm. An amazing producer CAN make a crap track sound great on first hearing. But a fundametally ground-breaking act (like the previously mentioned Beatles, or Hendrix) stands on its own, no matter WHAT the production is like. If you're saying, Dub Dave, that Babyshambles only sounded good when they had a good producer, then that says to me that they are fundamentally weak. A karoake version of "Hey Jude" may be awful, but the quality of the original composition will always shine through.

Edited by: DarrenW

20. thebluebus Forum Junkie

by the way, i wasn't comparing pete to all the bands i mentioned earlier. I was simply trying to point out that putting the oh so easy 'druggy' label on someone and calling them a waste of space because of it, was stupid