Bad flat spot

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Richard Gilberd, Dec 30, 2020.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Its been a while since I've done one and I've not had a chance to look at my info yet, but as I remember its generally it normally takes out the ISV and Injector drive transistors and a couple of diodes. I'll see if I can find it. If not you should be able to input the values from the original datasheet into an online "calculator" that suggests modern equivalents.

2. Richard Gilberd Forum Member

Thanks that would be great, the problem is with the NTE2443 i can't find values for it anywhere, is it possible to test diodes on the board, i geuss it is seen as they should only be one way gates?

3. Richard Gilberd Forum Member

So i've been looking for another ECU but can't find one with the right codes, i'm geussing that i need one ending with CT/FX/SX/FP is that right?, i've found one with BB but i'm geussing it's not with lambda sensor capabilities as it's too old, the problem is i need to keep the lambda sensor for now as the car nees to be re-registered in Austria as it was originally a German car

4. Richard Gilberd Forum Member

Hi I'm still looking for the nt 2443 transistor, if you do have a number for something i can use instead it would be much help as i can't find any values for this Transistor anywhere!

5. Richard Gilberd Forum Member

okay so maybe no one is reading this anymore but i still need help!! i managed to find a BB ECU which if i've studied properly is for a PF without the cat, so no Lambda, i put this in and no difference , it idles fine and goes W.O.T without a miss(pedal to the floor) but if i go anywhere in between 2000-5000 revs (say cruising) it splutters and misses, i tested the W.O.T switch ( open no continuity, at idle and w.o.t continuity) and it seems fine if that's what it's supposed to do, but when it's got continuity it's not running at all right, plus, on idle if i press the W,O.T switch it does nothing, makes no difference which i find strange, what could be the problem?, Afm? if i unplug it the car dies? how do you test that? any ideas much appreciated as i'm pulling my hair out here!!

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

wot and idle switch are connected inline, so at idle pressing the wot switch will have no effect as you can see.

has the base idle and co been adjusted yet, mine would missfire part load when mixture was set too weak. afm tests are covered in my digifant guide, make sure its correct part number for PL as well the PB one is different (but I guess close enough to run)

7. Richard Gilberd Forum Member

ah, thanks Jon, I haven't set the idle yet, well i have but the old ECU wasn't running the ISV so it must be way off i will start there then, thanks