badgerwagen questions

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by rallye400bhp, Apr 14, 2010.

1. rallye400bhp New Member

hi bill,

wondering if you could help me?i am buildind a big spec 20vt rallye,i was looking for some management and see you run dta with dbw throttle body.was this a one off ecu do you no?or just software and wiring tweeks on a standard dta ecu?i have a sem manifold and have a dbw throttle body,how do you find the dbw set up on your ibiza?just a responsive as dbc?can i also asked who mapped this for you?any help and advice would be greatly recieved bill.
    thanks,
    andy

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

the dbw is a development unit and not available to the public I'm afraid. DTA would not allow this.. but i am fortunate i have been dealing with dta since 1997. its as responsive as dbc is. you cant tell its dbw

mapping initially was with vince at stealth and many adjustments by myself (ongoing)
    we could not map the car well on vinces rollers due to hardware limitations (dyno could'nt hold steady state long before smoking, and peak power was not possible as the car max'd the dyno)

I am getting my own dyno in a month so will have more opportunity to spend the time dialing it in

3. rallye400bhp New Member

you think its possible to get another dta unit like yours from them?cost?i got hold of a r32 throttle body 75mm type for good money and see from the dyno results will suit my build.want to use this body as its a vag item,non of the other bodies i see that size which are cable dont look trust worthy!also one less cable in my bay!i have heard good stuff about vince at stealth,will want my car mapping to and want someone who no s what they are doing.
    thanks for the fast response bill

andy

4. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

no.. DTA will not let these dbw units out in the wild. you can ask him of course, but thats my prediction on the answer I'm afraid.

I had bought a mustang 75mm body as a standby if the dbw did'nt work out, but it has so thats now on the Pop project