BlitzChip

Discussion in 'Engines' started by mike1, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

by the way, mine made 172bhp on 95ron. with optimax the difference is day and night. it can now manage 40+mpg when used sensibly and is much quicker when you open it up

2. Phil

Phil Forum Member

172bhp is probably stretching it just a little. Stealths rollers, are a little optimisitic at times. ;)

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

yeah, i got the impression that its optimistic, but with the blitzchip youre definately going to notice the difference when you put higher ron fuel in there.

stealth seems to be commonly used here, hence its a reasonable guide to compare your output to other member's cars who have been on the same rollers.

4. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Yes it does appear that the blitzchip does make some difference..... we had the same discussion with the other member (Tony20Vturbo) a few weeks back, but all your figures show is a consistent error in the rollers when you compare the same two cars. Your 5bhp difference might be a true 4bhp, and thats the difference between an Induction kit and Premium Fuel. Maybe.
    I still might get one for mine at some point. :)

5. Tony20VTurbo Forum Member

wahey keep hearin my name mentioned, i must be popular lol!

yes i think that Stealths rollers are some what optimistic, but saying that, the bltzchip still does make a noticeable difference, so its well worth it.

should be even more when i get the Supersprint exhaust on the car, as i hear thats what the chip is best suited to, more of a Stage 1 setup.

6. mike1 Forum Member

Has anyone told their insurance company about these chips, do I need to. It has made in Taiwan on it which is a bit of a givaway.

7. storming Forum Member

any had one on a vr6? got a 1996 coil pack but not sure if they do one for that. i think mine is obd2 and they do one for a obd1 coil pack. not sure if that's correct?

8. anklemike Forum Member

Right, after reading this thread and the sticky in FAQ's I have now purchased one of these chips for my mk2 gti 8v.:)

hopefully should be fitted at the weekend, I'll let you know if it makes a difference or not. Unfortunately don't have any current power figures to do a back to back test.

Anyone know of someone who can check power figures in the cambridge area?

9. Phil

Phil Forum Member

To be honest mate, I wouldn't bother on a VR. Yours is likely to be around 180bhp anyway as you are on OBD2. Some OBD2's have even shown 190bhp. I've had mine mapped on the rollers, and got 195bhp and 195lb-ft, which is really about all you are going to get on a near standard car. :)

10. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Well your car is 112bhp. I don't know of any RR place near you, unfortunately. :)

11. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Besides power figures aren't the be all and end all of things. Its all about driveability and whether it feels good to you. :)

12. anklemike Forum Member

Wise words Phil.

I'll give a run down of on the road performance once its been fitted, hoping for better throttle response, smoother drive etc. Not expecting a massive increase in overall power, it is still only an 8v after all! :lol:

But for 25 I thought it's worth a punt, whats the worst that can happen? I put the old chip back in.

13. farquare Forum Member

you bought one of eectuner on ebay?
    i've been looking for one for my 8v too
    all the ones ive seen are bosch monotronic
    i presume by your paint colour your car is90 spec, i wasnt sure if this was the right chip for my ecu, let me know how you get on

14. anklemike Forum Member

Yeah got mine from eectuner, he seems like a nice bloke. I emailed him my ECU code to make sure he could provide the right chip.

My ECU is a bosch monotronic, digifant 2. ECU code ending 22N. Only thing I found quite hard was getting the ECU out to check the code printed on the underside. But other than that he thinks it should work fine. Magic!

15. storming Forum Member

got 175 on the rollers and 170 lbs if i recall correct. mind you i think the cone filter doesn't do any favours. sucks hot air! sounds nice though. must do that heat shield!
    more about the pick up. it really is quite lazy in that department. need to wake it up before it'll go. thought chipping may help?

16. farquare Forum Member

well, my chip is in the post too so we'll see what happend next week i guess:)

17. Phil

Phil Forum Member

If you have a specific query and have the bunce, you'd be better off with a proper remap on the rollers. :)

18. farquare Forum Member

well, fitted my chip thismorning 1/2 an hour job. have to say for 21 quid its made a noticable differece
    pretty chuffed tbh
    recommended
    :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  19. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

so worthwhile running on high octane, im decatting mine next when i can get the damn cat off

20. Bonney_Gti New Member

right, bought a blitzchip on sunday and it arrived today. popped it on in and the car starts....and cuts straight back out again? place old chip back in and it fires up fine. anyone else had this problem? i spoken to my local dealer and they reckon that the ecu is coded to the key...? can they reprogramme this so it works? cheers