Blue mk2

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Mk7Rob, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Can't wait, was tempted with a VR6 engine at one point but read negative things about the engine sitting too far forward and with it being heavier it would upset the handling, and the mk2 is all about the handling. However the vr6 sounds awesome and I'll struggle to match the sound, therefore I would like to use a eaton charger to make up for the shortfall in power and sound. Will be just a n/a abf at first, got to walk before I can run lol

2. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Had my last drive today before I sorn'd it. Drove really well and is quite quick for a 2.0 8v and is making me think am I doing the right thing putting the abf motor in!! Plans are set though so will have to go through with it, probably won't regret it.

3. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Here are a few pics from today while it was clean
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Nick S New Member

Hi Rob, this is my old motor and plate!...sold it in 2006. Had it on G60 steelies when I sold it. Was a great car and it’s great to see you doing such a good job with the restoration! I’ll dig some old photos out Nick

Toyotec likes this.
  5. Nick S New Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020