Bluetooth Hands free Kits...(fully fitted ones)

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by Vento Mike, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Morning!

Can anyone recommend a decent blue tooth hands free kit for cars, I've seen a few of the parrot ones that look quite good.

One function that I'd really like to have would be so myself and my other half could both use our phones and switch between the two as easily as possible:thumbup:

Thanks guys.

2. salsheikh Forum Member

hi,

i work for a company who do the installations for vodafone.
    parrot kits are ok, but it really depends on the handset you both have.
    most nokia carkits are pretty good, the ck100 is a simple enough device and pretty discreet too.
    thb bury also do various car kits which are compatible with most handsets, the bt option you have there is bury ad9040, bury cc9060 (touch screen/voice command).

from what i have heard from engineers is that its dead easy to wire up if you have the correct looms.

try dashmount.co.uk for advice too.

3. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Thanks for the advice mate, my phone is a iphone and my other halfs is sony erriccson if that makes a difference.

4. mashed Forum Member

Hi Dude, You could buy a headunit with bluetooth, my one can pair up to eight devices, and will only try to connect to the ones in range and also plays music from the phone, so you could just disable one that doesn't need to be used....

Best bit of kit i ever bought!

Cheers
    Brad

5. salsheikh Forum Member

hi,

both of them are fine for the nokia ck100. the bt headunit is another option but i cant advise on how good/bad they are.

6. mashed Forum Member

7. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Thanks, good idea about changing the head unit...will need one with ipod interface tho so will probably push the price up a bit.

I'll have a look around

:thumbup:

8. MarkP

MarkP Forum Member

I bought myself the JVC EXAD KDNX-5000

Bit of an extravagance (bought it from germany just to save 200)

It does bluetooth (to my iphone) and Has Hard Disk based sat-nav and audio library 16GB and Plays DVDs/DIVX and mp3 DVDs Importantly for me it is Single DIN and looks the part and doesn't cover the airvents in my mk3. I had/have a Pioneer AVIC x1-BT which did most of above (not Hard disk based) and had a flip out screen which I decided was naff.

Watch out though as the AVIC could connect to my iphone but I had to go into settings and make the phone discoverable every time I got in the car. A right royal PITA and a reason for changing so I'd go to halfrauds and try out the one you are thinking or check on line to see that there are no problems with the one you are after. The JVC connects as soon as you turn it on.

http://www.jvcmobile.co.uk/kdnx5000/

9. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

i've fitted a few of the VW fitted unit made by bury i think

in a mk 5 /6 it uses the car speakers, is touch screen , uploads /shares numbers, decent on the voice command

best bit is VW sign on powering up!

10. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Cool, although I'd need a single din seat equivalent which probably doesn't exist :(

11. 343JI New Member

Hi - I am a new member as just got my Golf Mk6 GTI - Have the basic 310 stereo/cd etc but want a touch screen sat nav/bluetooth/cd that fits in very well on the Mk 6dash. Want to use my blackberry as bluetooth with it. I don't really want to spend full VW price as long as whatever I get fits is with VW dashboard well and works well. Thanks