Bonnet latch stuck when trying to open

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by kOLDSQ, Jul 13, 2020.

1. kOLDSQ New Member

Hi guys!
    My MK2 bonnet is closing fine, and locks all the way, but cannot open all the way.

The first step, where I pull in the mechanism inside the cabine works, but it doesn't go all the way up, so I can open it.

It's stuck (the adjustable round pin) between the closed position and the open, where you can push in the tap and open the bonnet.

Have any of you tried similiar problem? Might be adjusting, but can't seem to find a position that works..

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

so the lever doesnt pull far enough? what about if you pull the release lever on the latch direct, does that work ok?

3. kOLDSQ New Member

Nope. If I push the lever directly I have to pull the hood very hard to open. It's like I won't open enough to let go of the pin

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

sounds like the latch is bust then, I take it you;'ve already given it a damn good clean out and re-grease

5. kOLDSQ New Member

It's brand new. It's chrome plated, so might be low quality. But sucks, because it's so beautiful! And tried to grease it with some teflon spray