Brake Servo help!

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Plugg4, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Plugg4 New Member

Hi guys, Im sorry if this is in the wrong thread but couldn't find where to put it!

I have a bog standard 1.6 8v Driver Auto with a weber 32/34 dmtl carb and I think my brake servo is on the way out. Whenever I pump the brakes the car almost cuts out. Im looking to replace this with a better one and heard I could get one from a MK3? Could anyone help by letting me know what cars I could take one off to fit?
    Thank you!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you'll already have a 9" servo as its automatic so no easy upgrade. mk2 type servo are hard to find in good nick though! you can go mk3 servo but you need to cut the ball off the end and tap a thread up it to accept the mk2 clevis pin, then it goes right in. fiddly but not difficult

3. Plugg4 New Member

Ideal, thank you! I've managed to find someone with a MK2 GTI brake servo, I know it works and all but was wondering if you'd recommend this?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

It'll be the same as the one you have now, so if yours is broken definitely a good plan :)

5. Plugg4 New Member

okay thank you :thumbup: