bristol

Discussion in 'Spotted' started by 2dubnick, Sep 13, 2008.

1. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

well I promise to come next time and I might drag my house mate along in his mk3 as I spent the whole day lowering for him the other day he now officially belongs to the modified dub scene!

Gaz edit your post....not wise to admit to getting creamed by a micra:lol: :lol: :p

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Im lost here. Are we talking about M32 J1, So next to ikea...

#
    16 M32 J1 for 0.3 miles
    Exit onto Slip Road (M32 J1)
    #
    17 Roundabout exit 3Avon Ring Road A4174 for 0.9 miles
    At the roundabout, take the third exit onto Avon Ring Road
    #
    18 Roundabout exit 1Avon Ring Road A4174 for 0.9 miles
    At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Avon Ring Road
    #
    19 Roundabout exit 1Badminton Road A432 for 0.1 miles
    At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Badminton Road
    #
    20 ContinueA432 for 2.4 miles
    Continue onto A432

That that right?

My Lupo is for sale so i might not be able to make it for a while untill i get the new car.

3. danTbone Forum Member

mat-mk3
    that sounds right .its quite far down the badminton rd allmost into the yate area .
    might see you there sometime .
    whats the new car gonig to be .

4. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

So its on the ikea exit, I dont go onto the M32?

New car is a MK7 Polo (9n3)[:D]

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I think its the first exit of the M32, thats the ring rd i thought? then over the first round about and left at the second? chances are im wrong as without satnav im a total rem and have managed to spend most of today lost while trying to find cars to view.

On another note, no longer do I drive anything french and dirty its been replaced by a beasty audi so I have 3 different vag cars to turn up in now[:D] when was everyone thinking of meeting up again?

6. danTbone Forum Member

yeah on the m32 go past ikea on left .and get of the next slip rd (filton.hambrook)at that roundabout take third exit towards (hambrook. frenchay)through the first set of traffic lights
    at the next roundabout take the first exit follow the road to the next roundabout and take the first exit then you will be on badminton rd keep going until you see the new in pub on your right hand side .
    polo sounds good

7. danTbone Forum Member

meet as and when it suits eveyone i think .
    i can come up most evenings

8. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

As this thread is almost as active as the essex lot im tempted to ask Chris to move it into out very own bristol section...thoughts?

9. danTbone Forum Member

yeh i was thinking the same .kind of for got its a spotted section

10. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

il let everyone else see it then give chris a PM and see if we can get our own section.

11. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Might be a problem as there is already an "official" CGTI Bristol meet, I don't think that anyone that goes to the "official" meets are members of CGTI or even use the forum anymore but they are still the official one.

Back to this Micra, the cheeky f***er left me for dead, I've no excuses either he just blew me away. Is there a Micra GTR?

12. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

that turd shaped thing? He had an advantage cos I reckon he was rolling when the lights changed- and you can't have been trying that hard cos you din't loose me in the rusty rocco either :lol:

As far as another meet is concerned, Dave - the landlord is up for it, he'll even reserve us the nice big table by the fire if we give him enough notice.. The only day that isn't too good for him is Tuesdays as they do a cheap steak night which is massively popular.

Matt - you may be confused over the exits - Ikea is on J2 of the m32 -if you come off at that slip you end up heading into Fishponds. J1 is right next to the M4, and as Dan pointed out, takes you onto the ring-road.

I'm good for another meet - my therapist suggests I should practice interaction with real people [8-}] If Thursdays are good then that suits me, say the 2nd of each month? So that'll make the next meet the 13th Nov -though if folks want to trot along any other time, pipe up.

I'm not fussed on the whole 'officialness' thing. Don't want to go stepping on folks toes, but if it helps then so be it.

13. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

im happy to meet up again anytime, my garage is pretty close to the ring road so really easy for me. Only thought about moving the thread as more people might see it get a nice meet on the go:)

14. danTbone Forum Member

so is anyone up for a meet this thursday?

15. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Hopefully, got a fair bit to do this week away but if i pull my finger out ill be there in a filthy cabby thats still not running right.....

16. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

Was going to put up a post but got sidetracked.. :)

Got company that evening, so might not be able to make it. Saying that, there's no reason why y'all can't go ahead anyway..

17. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

well iv stuck a little post up in the events and meets section, if theres only a couple of us im still up for it.