CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Bill Zuchero, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Bill Zuchero New Member

I have a 1997 Golf GTI with a 2.0 engine. I am trying to replace the camshaft position sensor and have had no luck buying one or even getting the part number. Anyone out there having the same problem???

2. davidut5 Forum Member

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

for 97 I'm seeing bosch distributor part number 037905205Q, which takes hall sensor 030905065B

just to double check, what makes you think hall sensor is bad? is engine not starting or just running odd, and have you confirmed hall sneosr issue with the fault codes?

4. Bill Zuchero New Member

I believe it is the camshaft position sensor because I get a P0341 error code. "What the P0341 code means. P0341 is an OBD-II generic code that says the engine control module (ECM) detected the engine camshaft position sensor circuit is not within specifications. The sensor pulses do not correlate to the pulses of the crankshaft sensor." This is from the code reader.

5. Bill Zuchero New Member

The hall sender and the camshaft position sensor are not the same, correct?

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yep that's right, just wanted to double check :)

Worth double checking the dizzy timing you want it set to exactly tdc when cam and crank are lined up