Change from PL to KR

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Hossam Gamal, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Hossam Gamal New Member

Hallo everyone .. hope u all doing good..

I have Golf mk2, a few years ago I installed PL engine "CIS-E" with it own ecu, digifant and ce2 fusebox.

few days I installed KR "CIS" on PL looms and ecu, engine run good except it 1st run in morning "cold" run as shit until it get warm[:x] but still have 3 issues to complete it and hope to help me with em.

1- WUR wires, after search.. I have read a reply from the admin rubjohnny says wur takes a wire from G1/8 "fuel pump relay" what it the other wire as long the wur connector takes two wires.
    2- Diaphragm pressure valve wires " what it's function?...is it important or it can be ignored..!!"
    3- Overrun cut off valve wires "what is this for...!! seems to me as auxiliary air valve.. http://www.bosch-classic.com/en/int...satzluftschieber_bimetall___mit_teaser_1.html"

Thank u all..
    @rubjohnny u'r vw library.. appreciate your posts and ur efforts:thumbup:

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. 2nd pin is earth, but PL doesn't run one so you shouldn't use it if still on PL ECU?
    2. not sure exactly what you mean? if its the metal vanve on back of the airbox this is cold throttle enrichment valve and is connected to throttle switch and to pin 15a on starter motor so when you boot it cold the 5th injector will spray
    3. over-run cut-off is the big plastic valve behind airbox, this is wired to the ISV control unit which again isnt there on a PL loom

erreesse likes this.
  3. Hossam Gamal New Member

erreesse likes this.
  4. rubjonny

1. wherever is convenient, g1/6, earth claw above fusebox, battery, Z/2 etc
    2. yep thats the cold throttle enrichment
    3. hmm. hmmmmmm. maybe?

see my signature link g2krecuce2.pdf, that covers all of the ce2 16v wiring and will help you wire in the cold throttle enrichment :)

erreesse likes this.
  5. Hossam Gamal New Member

I see u left no model unless u did a daigram for it.. geart job and effort:clap:
    but unfortunately I barely understand it..

i'll go as the following:
    1- WUR gose to G1\8
    2- Diaphragm pressure valve gose to G2\4
    3- Overrun cut off valve will try it with G1\7 and will let you know..

Thanks alot jonny for your help and guidance :hug:

6. rubjonny

have a read of this ;)
    https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-read-vw-wiring-diagrams.173722/

wur is on page 2 'N9', power from G1/8 and earth to G1/6 but you can run it where you like as I say.

cold throttle valve is on page 1 'F93', one wire goes to idle switch pin 1 (F25 page 2) and the other pin goes to starter motor pin 15a linked in with 5th injector 'N17' power wire

the over-run cut-off valve 'N65' is on page 2 power from G2/4 and the switched earth from the ISV control module 'J159'

the idle switch has ignition live to pin 2, 12v out on pin 3 to the ECU and ISV module when throttle is closed for idle settings, and 12v out on pin 1 to the cold throttle valve when the throttle is open for the cold throttle enrichment

7. Hossam Gamal New Member

thanks man thats exactuly what I need :thumbup:.. specialy the 4 line in header "except i, knew 31 is earth"
    I just open it, will like study it once I back home and will try to apply it on your msg above and the pdf u told me about..
    :hug:

8. rubjonny

once you can read VW diagrams you wont look back :)

Hossam Gamal likes this.
  9. Hossam Gamal New Member

I did.. no looking back..:)

10. Hossam Gamal New Member

Done... :thumbup:

I just found some small differences in CIS-E colors loom from what is shown, I will picture it and will show it here.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020