Change to leather b7

Discussion in 'Passat' started by mk2 nas, Nov 28, 2021.

1. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

As title got a 2011 Passat estate bluemotion.want to upgrade to leather if poss out of a breaker.question is will my loom be there for heated leather.and the wiring for the heated leather switch.
    Is it just a case of production throwing in one loom for whatever the spec with spare plugs or just a loom for options at the time.thanks

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

If it's anything like my a4 b7 was, it's not present, I'm not 'up' on the passat admittedly.
    On the a4 I just ran supply and earth to each front seat, to get the lumbar adjustment working and didn't bother with the heater element as it needed a new climatronic unit in dash for the controller and vcds activations.
    Kufatec do a number of looms for retrofitting options, and some looms available second hand.
    I'm not sure if the passat just uses a switch like the mk4/tt etc which was easy to make a loom for when put in my mk2, or whether it's a controller unit like Audi, there was things on audisport.Net about fitting a3 seats without the controller, think it used mk4 switches but required a relay linked to the base element to turn on the back element, unfortunately I didn't bookmark it for reference.
    Get some r36 seats, don't worry about the heating part, just run supply to the adjustment, or look on kufatec.de.

mk2 nas likes this.
  3. dodgy

mk2 nas likes this.
  4. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

5. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

My clothe seats are electric lumber support and electric backrest but not heated.

6. dodgy

Looks like it's a new heater controller, climatronic I think is what they call it, or it was on audis.
    If the lumbar wiring is there it's a fair chance that will plug in the replacement seats and that bit work, but you won't have the wiring for the heating elements.
    Have a check under your seat, may be a cover in the floor, think it's a green plug with 6 possible wires, 2 are for power for adjustment, 4 are heating (2 sensor, 2 supply) that's from memory, I had cloth in the A4, then fitted grey leather with lumbar, then found full black leather heated, but didn't wire that bit up in the end as didn't have vcds or a decent climatronic with seat option, plus mrs Dodgy wasn't worried about heated seats, but loves them in the leon we have now.
    Did consider a passat when looking for an A4 replacement, and thought of retrofit leather seats along the lines of your train of thinking, worth doing even if you didn't wire them straight away.

mk2 nas likes this.
  7. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

Yes I think I will get a set as I have the electrical adjustment now.so worst that can happen is I wont end up doing the heated part wont bother me much.well maybe in the middle of january when I get in and I've not.tucked my shirt in properly lol

dodgy likes this.
  8. dodgy

You could always fit some retro pads for the heating and the aftermarket switch, but would mean stripping your seats apart.
    Really not sure if a climatronic controlled set of seats would work by using a set of mk4 era switches, suppose I may have attempted it if I still had the A4 at this point with fitting the tt seats in my mk2 and wiring them in. Basically permanant and ign supply to switch plus sensor and earth, and linking to the seat.
    Did try looking for the article again on the other forum, but time has been elusive.
    You could get some dungarees, they would keep you covered.

9. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

Yes dungarees lol.what a look that would be.

dodgy likes this.
  10. Adamss24 Forum Member

The climatronic part has the 2 seat switches moulded into the fascia of the control panel however they are independent from the climatronic circuits...You can just get the wiring loom or make your own and just remove the switches or buy aftermarket. The factory switches fit similar to window switches on b7 audi, they just clip into the trim...

dodgy likes this.
  11. dodgy

Simpler than an A4 then!