Cheerio old friend - the best car i ever had

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Gtinick, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Gtinick

Gtinick Paid Member Paid Member

As the title says my Mk5 GTI goes tomorrow. We have done 90k miles together and all in all they have been good.
    Long trips, short trips and of course the pedal to the metal trips - oh and a few speeding tickets thrown in but hey you can't win them all!!
    To think when I bought it I did worry than an auto box might be a problem but as it turned out that is one of the things I'll miss the most.

HK07AOL Candy White, Leather, Tinted rear glass, factory iPod fit, 18 inch Monza wheels etc.
    If anyone sees it for sale and is thinking of buying it let me know and I'll give all the info you may need.

If I don't like the replacement then next year - as Arnie says - "I'll be back".

In the meantime I shall maintain my membership of this excellent site as I still have my son's Mk2 in the garage.

Nick

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

A GTI in candy white is quite rare, shouldn't hang around long with that spec.

What is the replacement?

3. Gtinick

Gtinick Paid Member Paid Member

An MX5 Mk3.5 with folding roof.
    We also changed my wife's newish but aweful fiesta for a CX 5 as we needed more space. This meant that 'late life lunacy ' could prevail!! I am too old for mid life menopause - sadly.
    If either my back or my inclination for two seats fails then it will be back to a Mk7.5 GTI or R.
    For now this old git will be rejuvenated- I hope.
    Cheers Nick

4. bigeyd Forum Member

All good things come to an end,have fun in the Mazda :thumbup:

5. BEV

Bev New Member

Beat gti we have had too