conlog problem

Discussion in 'Security' started by Chewie, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Chewie Forum Member

I've just accidentally cut the 3 wires to the siren box on the scuttle panel, I have managed to reconnect them but nothing now works. Is there a reset or fuse on the system that may have blown?

The car is a 1995 golf gti.

Any help or ideas please.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

its likely you popped a fuse, id assume it has a permanent live feed to it. as for location it could be anywhere, dependiong on where the installer decided to stuff it. I'd start behind the centre console, above the fusebox and behind the glovebox

Chewie likes this.
  3. marky80Y Forum Member

As rubjonny says, these areas are the most likely to find the fusing for a conlog system. Been many moons since I last worked on or removed one of these but from memory the fuses were usually drivers side at the fuse board 15amp main and 5amp siren I seem to remember. The siren cable usually passes through the bulkhead passenger side above the glove box and the loom usually goes over the drivers side. You should be able to verify this by removing the led and seeing which way that also goes, if it heads fuseboard way start there I'd say. Good luck, hope it turns out ok. I think you'll be fine though once you've changed the fuses over :)

Chewie and rubjonny like this.
  4. Chewie Forum Member

Thanks guys I've been very busy and only just got chance to sort this out. Mark you were close 15 main 10 siren which had blown.
    Now off to make modern car owners jealous with my 21 year old full closure. :-)