Cordless Impact Wrench - Anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Mike_H, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

After a few years of good service, my Sealey 24v one has developed a fault. It won't reverse any more, so no matter which way you've got it switched, it only tightens up the nut.

I'm planning to strip it down and have a look. Anyone had one of these apart, or had the same fault? I'm hoping a bit of the selector mech has broken, and I can fabricate something to fix it.

2. chris_d_1986 New Member

was birkenhead, merseyside now kirkby stephen, cum
    i got 1 off the snapon van a couple of weeks ago on offer for 150 plus vat, it comes in a robust carry case and has a longer lasting lithium iron battery it a compact 3/8 gun which is ideal for small areas and it packs a punch 2

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Think I've fixed it.

Took all the screws out and took the hammer end off, and the two halves of the case apart. The screw under the handle insert confused me for a bit. The switch came off with the other half of the case.

[​IMG]

This is the plastic selector button, and the little selector tab that attaches to it. I think this had come apart from the switch in the next picture, but I'm not sure as it came apart in a few different bits when I took the case apart.
    [​IMG]

...and the point on the switch where it attaches and causes it to switch the polarity of the motor.
    [​IMG]

And how it looks assembled.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011