Corrado 1.8 16v fusebox wiring

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Coldforged, May 31, 2020.

1. Coldforged Forum Member

Hi everyone,

I am slowly starting to piece my corrado 1.8 16v to 20vt back together, unfortunately I bought the car already stripped and I am now struggling to piece it back.

Could someone please advise on what corresponding plugs these are for?

Thanks as always.

Attached Files:

2. Coldforged Forum Member

Here's some more pics

Attached Files:

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

blue/white is a vehicle speed sensor wire, could be from the spoiler modole, radio, W/1 or possibly from the ecu loom if the loom builder likes to build things OEM. Look for a set of jumper blocks above the fusebox, one of them should have a couple blue/white and/or yellow/white wires in, put it in with them. at least one of the wires from this jumper block should go to w/1 which supplies the speed signal all the other stuff requires

red plug with green/white is for the heated door mirror glass, looks like you have 2 mating plugs it could go to one on rear loom one on dash loom, either is fine.

yellow is dimdip resistor, ignore

blue/white spade may be speed signal plug from W/1 I mentioned earlier, if its an older corrado. see if you can find the other speed signal wires from radio and spoiler and see where the blue plug in the first picture comes from. you only need the spoiler, ECU and w/1 wires to be connected together though, the radio wire is only used on expensive VW stereo with speed sensitive volume control

4. Coldforged Forum Member

Thank you so much rubjonny for the info.

Sorry for my pics being rubbish, it's a bit awkward taking pics. But I was taking a pic of the red plug with the white wire.

Thank you for your info it is greatly appreciated.

5. rubjonny

the red plug with the white wire is for the heated door mirrors also, its fed from the rear screen heater. its just that you also have a heated door mirror wire in the dash harness from the switch power for some reason, maybe a mix n match of early and late dash and rear looms somewhere along the way

6. Coldforged Forum Member

Ok brilliant thanks again rubjonny now I know I wont fry my ecu. I've also found a large red 5mm red cable and also the same size in brown. I take it they were the old main feed and earth for fuse and relay box?

7. rubjonny

8. Coldforged Forum Member

Yes those are the ones. But my new converted loom is already using those ports Z2 and Y

9. rubjonny

hmm well it shouldnt, Z/2 and Y are in the corrado headlight loom not the engine loom. by any chance was the engine loom originally made for a mk3 golf...

main live you can use either, as they both just go stright to the battery. the main fusebox earth pick the best condition, the other will be spare at the fusebox end. however at the battery end both will need to go to the battery, the corrado headlight loom one has all the headlight earths in it, the engine one may have some earths for the ecu in it

10. Coldforged Forum Member

Ignore me on that last comment, I was getting confused with Z1 and 2 and then the Y's.

I've plugged all the relevant power and grounds in the correct places now.

I have now found this power wire with a inline fuse. Would you know where this needs to go?

As always I am very thankful for any help.

Cheers

Attached Files:

11. rubjonny

Probably live for the electric windows, it'll go to one of the smaller Y spades

12. Coldforged Forum Member

All sorted now.

Thanks again Rubjonny